Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gary Player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gary Player
    Posted: 10-Apr-2008 at 21:54
Player went round the Masters' course today in 83. May not sound too impressive but he last won the Masters 30 years ago, first won it 47 years ago and first played in it 51 years ago. And he's coming up to 73 years old, and has four times as many grandchildren as me Hug.

I wonder what Tiger's score will be on his 51st visit in 2048?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2008 at 22:41
I was a volunteer greens crewman/security for the 1980 US Open at Merion CC outside of Phila. [I was the Greens Superintendent at another CC in the area]That was the year we had to stand 24 hour watch on every green due to threats made over Player being South African.  On the third round my post was on the par 4 Eleventh hole[one of the famous and most difficult holes in Golf]  I was privileged to see Player become the only modern player to eagle that hole in tournament play.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply