Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

strongest poetry?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: strongest poetry?
    Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 04:48
which language in the world has the strongest peotry with the deepest meanings? I speak urdu and urdu is one of the most deepest emotional languages, ofcourse most of the urdu peotry comes from persian (farsi) and arabic so farsi and arabic are obviously very deep. But what about other languages?
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 14:10
Cant really say myself... I havent experience any other languages and how it feels when reading a poem besides English and Chinese which to me both have deep emotional language tone when reading something like poems. I guess that in every language theres always some hidden emotional meaning to it and poems can bring it out no matter what language... just my opinion.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 19:08
I think that most languages have great poetry, and most poetry is best enjoyed in the original. :)

Even Klingone will have a great poet one day...
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 19:10
A matter purely subjective.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 20:06
rumi was great poet
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2007 at 14:58
Originally posted by hugoestr

I think that most languages have great poetry, and most poetry is best enjoyed in the original. :)

I don't know, I know italian and croatian....but the croat poets and poems are nothing special, and once I heard a translation from coratian to italian and in italian it is better...thou I prefer poetry in english
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
 Post Reply Post Reply