Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gabachachida View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gabachachida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!
    Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 02:40
Im planning a painting for a friend in which i hoped to add symbolism. A friend of mine is Mexican of Mexica decent. What is a good god to represent the heavens...and what symbols are related to that god?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2007 at 14:17
I missed this question Big%20smile... now I go.

(1) Option one:
Perhaps you can despict the myth of the Rabbit of the Moon. That myth says an evil rabbit was punished of his crimes and was sent to the moon, where he left its mark that you can see at night. Now, the moon is a good that sacrificed into the fire to be reborn as the satellite.

• Metztli (also Metztli, Tecuciztecatl, Tecciztecatl)- lowly god of worms who failed to sacrifice himself to become the sun, and became the moon instead, his face darkened by a rabbit.
  • http://www.mexicolore.co.uk/index.php?&one=azt&two=fac&id=127&typ=reg

(2) Could it be Venus?
  • Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli - destructive god of the morning star (venus), dawn, and of the east. One of the skybearers
  •  
    Or perhaps

(3) The sun god associated with the Eagle.

Tonatiuh - a sun god and heavenly warrior, associated with eagles and with the Maya

(4) Perhaps something about the skybearers, the Gods of the Cardinal points.

Post Reply Post Reply