Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EC Outlook Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EC Outlook Thread
    Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 09:57
Today at 12.00 o'clock the draw for the european chamioship will take place.

The UEFA will probably draw the groups for the tournament, next summer in Austria and Switzerland, in a process nobody will understand.

There will be 10 Pots, where number A of Pot 5 can't face number C of Pot 3 or like that.

Never the less, it's only a minor question, but who will fce the german team, on it's way to the title?

I'm expecting an easy group for Italy, so that they will go through to the final where a well-disposed ref will offer the championship to the etruscans.

No, Germany will make it in 2008 ,and i hope all english tellies are switched off then.

But let's wait...... and see

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 12:12
Group A                                    Group B
1. Switzerland                          1. AustriaBig%20smile
2. Czech Republic                     2. CroatiaBig%20smile
3. Portugal                               3. Poland Big%20smile 
4. Turkey                                  4. GermanyBig%20smile

Group C                                    Group D
1. NetherlandCry                       1. Greece
2. ItalyCry                                  2. Sweden
3. RomaniaCry                            3. Spain
4. FranceCry                               4. Russia

France coach face during a draw - priceless.
Our group seems to be the easiest especially for Germany and Croatia but at least we have a chance which we wouldn't have in a group C.

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 15:00

A good luck for Germany. But group C is a real tough one.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 15:09
Turkey's fate is entirely dependent on how Switzerland will perform against Czech Republic.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 15:13
Boy was I happy when they said "Italy" in group C during the last draw
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 21:30
group B isn't that easy, but i wouldn't say there is any easy group at all. Poland will put up a tough match and Croatia of course is a tricky opponent. even Austria, motivated by playing against their greatest rivals, can be a tough one. nevertheless, i actually expect Germany to end up as first of the group and that we face Portugal in the quarter finals, ideally. in the worst case we are second against the Czechs again, but we should proceed nevertheless.

but i'm really lookign forward to the matches in group C, those will be battlefields, no quarter given. Wink

Originally posted by Majkes

France coach face during a draw - priceless.

which i could have seent hat Big%20smile
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 19:47
Originally posted by Temujin

group B isn't that easy, but i wouldn't say there is any easy group at all. Poland will put up a tough match and Croatia of course is a tricky opponent. even Austria, motivated by playing against their greatest rivals, can be a tough one. nevertheless, i actually expect Germany to end up as first of the group and that we face Portugal in the quarter finals, ideally. in the worst case we are second against the Czechs again, but we should proceed nevertheless.

We will defend with whole 11 on our half, maybe Boruc will have his day and Polish-German atack will be not at their best and 0:0 will be possibleBig%20smile.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 20:18
yes thast what i mean, if Austria plays the same way, we are in trouble.
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 21:30
Originally posted by Temujin

yes thast what i mean, if Austria plays the same way, we are in trouble.

Austria is very poor. they didn't win any game since I don't know when. Their own fans wanted to withdraw them from EC, besides we played them in last WC qualifications and beat them twice. Of course with a bit of luck they have chance to win with us but with Germany they would have to poison German players.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 21:44
Maybe Austria can pull a la Latvia EURO 2004 card against Germany Wink.
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 19:32
I think Germany will be fine.  I can see Croatia finishing in front of them, maybe, but I think they will handle Poland and Austria fine.

Group C.  OMG, even Romania ain't that bad with Mutu and Chivu.  But right now I'll give it France.  You know what Italy will bring defensively but will they be able to score when they need to like last World Cup?  This Dutch team is young and unproven in international level but they are never lock of talents.  Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Robben, Vander Vaart, Sneider and possibly Seedorf?  If they can find a way to click, they are a contender for sure.

Speaking of the Dutch team, same goes for the other perpetual underachievers, the Spanish.  Fortunately they got a much easier group but can they put together a special run?  I hope so, it's about time, no it's way past that time.   I tell you what, I am excited to see how Fabregas, Torres, Iniesta and Xavi will step up in the big stage together.  I'm just not ready to put my money down on them yet, figuratively speaking.

I like Turkey but Portugal and Czech look stronger, least on paper.  Rosicky can step up big time.

http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 04:10
Speaking of the Spanish team, I'd like to see if they can get Bojan Krkic some playing time. He's played well in Ronaldinho's absence for Barcelona, so I'd like to see if Aragons can find him some room on the senior Spanish squad. 

Edited by Kaysaar - 07-Dec-2007 at 04:10
 Post Reply Post Reply