Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Britain declining?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Poll Question: Is Britain declining?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [21.21%]
5 [15.15%]
20 [60.61%]
1 [3.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Britain declining?
    Posted: 22-Nov-2007 at 22:50
I agree Zagros, an Englishman throwing insults at his neighbors can be the most horrible thing one could ever imagine. To remove the unnecessary appendages would be like cutting their dick off because they don't like the way it hangs. The English lead the world in being kinky!
elenos
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 12:00
Originally posted by Zagros

Yes, the GBP has not been in tandem decline with the USD because of the mentioned economic detachment. In fact, it has strengthened because foreign investors, confident in the currency's stability, have invested their capital in GBP.

Panther, it is fine for Britain to act as the trans-Atlantic go-between but this does not imply that the UK 'must' be party to the US's military adventurism. Something which is greatly to blame, if not completely, for that country's slow, and in my opinion certain, economic demise.  The current state of affairs has simply led to the Fed printing more money, in Weimar Rep. fashion, banking on the fact that the USD will remain the world's reserve currency - the only thing that has so far spared it the same hyper inflation fate.  Indications are that the USD's status in this regard is diminishing daily, with major economic powers diluting their foreign curency reserves - this is the reason behind the USD's tailspin.

The implications of this are monumental. 

elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 22:20
I would agree, except the US has been in a bad position before and I wouldn't count them out until its over. It would seem their overblown attitude towards "human rights" is at the bottom of this current slump. The current mortgages crisis comes to mind. The assumption was everybody had the right to own a home and so the financial sector started lending  for housing to entirely unsuitable people who would see their country fall over rather than repay any of their debts.

On the other hand the pound and euro are proving underrated so far as performance. I could not imagine the Brits or Europeans ever lending on such a grand scale to anybody.
elenos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678