Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Active topics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Active topics
    Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 09:46
Whenever I go to 'active topics' lately it always starts out giving me from 11 October 2007 at 20:08 which is also the date and time it tells me I last visited.

If I used the drop-down list to change the start date, that works, but if the result is more than one page long, and I click on 'next page', it goes back to 11 October etc again.

I have cookies enabled, and I'm automatically logged in when I come to the site.

Is it just me? Is my best friend not telling me something?

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 10:39
Hmmm...  the date for your last visit is not stored in your cookies, but in the database, whereas your automatic log in is stored with the cookies.

Let me suggest this - close all browser windows, open a new browser (not on AE), delete temp files and cookies.
This will force you to login manually when you access AE again, and the database should be updated.

I normally delete temp. files and cookies at least once a day - often more frequent.

~ Northman

Edited by Northman - 17-Oct-2007 at 10:44
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 15:38
This happens to me also... frustrating...
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 16:24
The deletion seems to have worked. before that the situation got worse because I couldn't post to the site at all, even as a guest.

Thanks very much.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 16:29
PS I think actually the problem arises when the number of files in the temporary internet files folder gets too big. I noticed that while I was having the problem I couldn't display the contents of the folder.

A similar situation arises when the number of fonts in the font folder gets to be too big: the font-handling goes all screwy.
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 16:38
Originally posted by gcle2003

PS I think actually the problem arises when the number of files in the temporary internet files folder gets too big. I noticed that while I was having the problem I couldn't display the contents of the folder.

A similar situation arises when the number of fonts in the font folder gets to be too big: the font-handling goes all screwy.

Indeed - and when/if you have heaps of temp. files they actually slow things down instead of (as originally intended) speeding things up.

My suggestion is to let Windows delete them automatically when you close the browser. (You can find this option in the Settings under the tab, Advanced, near the bottom)

~ North
 Post Reply Post Reply