Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zahi Hawass fed up with Racial Politics and lies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Amerbwm View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Amerbwm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zahi Hawass fed up with Racial Politics and lies
    Posted: 30-Mar-2010 at 13:53
My family is mixed American Indian, black and white. I went to college a couple of guys that were Egyptian, one looked like a black man with woolly hair but the other was very light skinned with red curly hair. In history class one day the race of the ancient Egyptians was brought up, some people thought they were mostly white some did. I asked my Egyptian classmates how they felt both said white people do not know everything and that a great many of them consider themselves as black.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2010 at 14:14
Pardon me, Amerbwm!

But, just what is your point? Do you consider the racial makeup of Egypt as seen today after hundreds of years of occupation by Asiatic rulers from Anatolia and Syria,as well as that of Rome, etc., to have not in any material way changed the racial look of a nation that claims to date back 4000 or so years? Yet that is the very period the reconstruction attempts to present!

Or do you ignore the fact that during most of the 4000 or so years of Egypt's history, it was usually under the occupation and rule by peoples far removed from Egypt proper?

Modern conventions just do not really apply here!

Or, at least that is my humble opinion!

Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy yourself?

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 17:31
Seems that I scared away another potential respondant! One post, an one reply, and gone to the graveyard of one post candidates!

I shall try to be kinder with other new posters in the future!
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 17:37
^ egyptians were ruled by asiatic and europeans rulers, however that didn't effect the genes of rural egyptians, only the elite egytians of today who live in the cities look similar to europeans or arabs. Go to Rural egypt and you will find the decendants of ancient egyptians
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 19:10
I have noticed Afro-Centrics claiming everything as Black, in their mind it's either Black or white.  I just  don't get why they are so obsessed with skin tone.

The Egyptians were most likely were a mix of East africans and West Asians.   Nearlly all Afro-centrics are from america who originated mostly from West Africa and I dounbt have any connection to Egypt or even East-Africa. .  

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 20:34
^ yeah the funny thing i notice is that sudanese, ethopians or somalies actually dont really care about this issue, even though their ancestors might have been closely related to ancient egyptians. Its only west africans who migrated to north america who seem to be really loud about the issue, even though they have nothing to do with ancient egyptians
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 21:14
Originally posted by balochii

^ egyptians were ruled by asiatic and europeans rulers, however that didn't effect the genes of rural egyptians, only the elite egytians of today who live in the cities look similar to europeans or arabs. Go to Rural egypt and you will find the decendants of ancient egyptians

You surely made a point above, but I don't really think that it was a meaningfull one? That is think that you overlook just what effect an occupying army has upon any area and its population, especially under the conditions of many centuries before our current era!

Soldiers, were some times the only people with access to the common people of an occupied country that had ready monies and food supplies!

Sorry, but in almost every situation similar, the army men were regularly able to impregnate almost all of the available women in a war torn and occupied state!

If you place any army of occupation in any area for a long enough time then genetic mixtures are most likey a common occurance! Since almost no nation has had more occupation than Egypt, then such mixtures just had to occur!

But, it is really the time involved and the nature of people movements, and deportations, etc., that really convulse Egypt, and they seem especially important within the last 175-200 or so years!

Large areas to both the South and West, of Egypt have certainly resulted in people from these areas which are a largely dark skinned people, into Egypt, I.e. the "Land of Plenty!" Rich Egyptians, facing problems there, merely moved someplace else where they felt safe!

Thus occured a steady darkening of the native or country wide Egyptian!

At least that is my opinion, and I could well be wrong?

Edited by opuslola - 12-Sep-2010 at 21:15
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 14:02
From the keyboard of balochii, back in Sept.

"^ egyptians were ruled by asiatic and europeans rulers, however that didn't effect the genes of rural egyptians, only the elite egytians of today who live in the cities look similar to europeans or arabs. Go to Rural egypt and you will find the decendants of ancient egyptians"

Since I somewhat answered the above words above, I just wanted to make a modern day comparison, which I think is apt?

If any of you today are able to watch TV from Mexican stations, then you will recognize the similarities to the words of balochii above! I. e.,"only the elite egytians of today who live in the cities look similar to europeans or arabs." Thus if you ever watch these stations or if you decide to watch one because of this post of mine, then you will obviously see the truth of the words of balochii above! It is rare on these stations to actually see many of the "average" Mexican anywhere portrayed on these stations!

It is actually so prevalent, that if one did not know the station was from Mexico, and if one did not hear Spanish spoken, then one could well consider that these broadcasts could have been taped in Paris, Prague, Berlin, Athens, or any number of other places both in Europe or even in the USA!

After having travelled along the Mexican American border, as well as seeing the average Mexican in the Southern part of Mexico, and as well as working every day for the last four years with hundreds of native Mexicans, I shall safely state that the so called "average Mexican" has an "olive" to "brown" skin tone, and "brown" to "dark brown" eyes, as well has hair! They seem to range in height for women, from 4'8" to 5'4", and the men from 5'4" to 5'8", that is compared to the average White or Black N. American, they are smaller, and have a most common skin colour as well as size!

Too make it more clear, they seem to mostly resemble the Native Indian tribes that used to populate the nation of Mexico as well as the rest of Central and S. America!

As balochii wrote above; "Go to Rural egypt and you will find the decendants of ancient egyptians" In the case of Mexico, all you have to do to make the words of balochii true in Mexico is to substitute the word "Mexico" every time he uses the word Egypt!
Regards,
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 04:17
When do we talk about ancient Egypt,ancient world racism grows inside the words used by us!?!No matter what do you say,someone's past would be included or excluded from World history.All we are expecting
that it was used,DNA inside our being, different than Ape one.Our ancestors(to all of us?) came from the stars and were worshiped like Gods from Ape like humanoids.Jokers You are!
   Respected Hawass just say:Pharaons and white people have lived and ruled Egypt once.I agree with all of you that all the rest of population also lived there.Main problem of world history are grammar times and biology.1.After they were conquered they "vanished"!?!Biology paradoxes we have inside this statement.Example:India became Britain colonial territory.Were  Indians  vanished?2.Using this story  historian just named same people with so many different names that those we can use like personal names all around the world without mistake we will find,two persons are using same one!?!
     Premise:Egypt was place were racism starts like organized ideology?!?Domination of whites will be changed by others inside Egypt.And i believe that today "mixed" colours people rules the world like "representatives" of white race?!?Let us talk about it!

Edited by medenaywe - 12-Feb-2011 at 04:31
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567