Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Perfect Religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Perfect Religion
    Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 15:22
This thread has been reopened. Off-topic posts have been removed.

-Akolouthos
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2007 at 03:49

Akolouthos, you try too hard. Smile

Join us.
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2007 at 05:04
Originally posted by pekau

Akolouthos, you try too hard. Smile

I know; and since trying is the first step toward failure, you'd think I would have learned my lesson by now, eh? Wink

-Akolouthos
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 17:40
The perfect religion would be if God would let us know what God wants and not play games with humans. Maybe black and white - God's team or the Devil's team and not a whole slew of religious beliefs throughout history that often contradict each other- one god, many gods, goddess or god, sky god or mother earth, one life, reincarnation etc. Why the games? Many religions believe that life is a huge test but why?
In a perfect religion I could hear and see God's love for mankind. What is truth says the skeptic? I will always believe in a creator and these are only my thoughts.

One man's way to Heaven is another man's way to Hell.

When I was a kid I heard a US Congressman say the above- a true skeptic.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 23:32

Deism is the best ;)

cata View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote cata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2013 at 11:44
LOVE RELIGION,LOVING OUR NEIGHBOURS AS OURSELVES.
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2013 at 03:27
all of them can be good if you not fanatic  about it
yomud are free people
Gnostic Bishop View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary
suspended

Quote Gnostic Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2014 at 13:16
Perhaps God did invent the perfect religion. Perhaps Gnostic Christianity is the one.

Christianity made itself the highest and Gnosticism the lowest in the past and scriptures indicate that at end times, the last will be first and the first last.

I do not see Christians ever thinking that way though. They would not be as comfy telling us all how we will burn if we do not turn.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary
suspended

Quote Gnostic Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2014 at 13:21
Originally posted by eaglecap

The perfect religion would be if God would let us know what God wants and not play games with humans..

Are you serious about not knowing what God would want of you?

Your kidding. Right?

You cannot be saying that you, likely a moral person, does not know that any God worthy of the title would just want you to act in a moral and ethical way.

You likely know exactly what that means.

Regards
DL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123