Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For you religious nuts: Do babies have souls?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For you religious nuts: Do babies have souls?
    Posted: 29-Mar-2012 at 17:40
I am an agnostic but I believe that babies have souls, from the moment they are conceived; from where those souls came and what happens to them after death is another question. So, it's not necessary one to be religious to think over the question of souls, nor to be a nut.
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2012 at 20:15
Originally posted by Don Quixote

I am an agnostic but I believe that babies have souls, from the moment they are conceived; from where those souls came and what happens to them after death is another question. So, it's not necessary one to be religious to think over the question of souls, nor to be a nut.

Well I'm sorry but how can you not believe in God but believe that each person has a soul? Isn't the core ideology in agnosticism not to believe in something unless it is proven to exist?
Timidi mater non flet
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2012 at 17:36
No, agnosticism is connected with existence or not of divinity, souls may exist or not unconnected with any divinities. Imagine that - the Indian Brahman, a world-soul, an ocean of souls, that get born into people and after their deaths go again into that ocean - such a concept doesn't require one divinity of Christian type, or any divinity at all.
This is one of the possible possibilities that possibly can exist. That's why I say that I believe in the existence of souls, because from I've read and experienced there is more to humans that body and mind, it seems that we come with something in this life, no matter how one is going to call it - i call it "soul".

As for agnosticism, it's more like  waiting to see what is, instead of believing that god does or doesn't exist; it doesn't require faith in one way or the other, while both theism and atheism require faith - one that divinity exist, the other that it/they don't. So this is what I do - after trying both I settled on reading both parts and waiting to see what happens. Bit this has nothing to do with the existence of souls.

Besides, proof is a very elusive thing - one person may see an angel and not believe it, another believes that angels exist never seeing one; the first would not accept the something even if he sees it, the second doesn't need to see anything to accept it - it depends on the way of thinking of thr particular people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345