Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The 9/11 Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 9/11 Issue
    Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 10:50

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501

Ok, I am fully aware that this issue is a very personal one for many people and I don't hope to insult anyone by (re)posting this general topic for discussion. But, I am very curious as to whether or not the conspiracy theory has a large following, and whether there are facts to refute the claims made by loosechange, and thus make their assertions unrealistic or invalid.

Because, when the loosechange documentary is viewed in its entirety, it is hard not to believe that something wasn't astray..

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 10:54
The Films - www.loosechange911.com/movie.htm
Download - www.loosechange911.com/download.htm
Company - www.loosechange911.com/company.htm
Activism - www.loosechange911.com/activism.htm
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 11:17
I think the number of people disbelieving the official story has gone up steadily in the last 5 years which is why you see movies like loose change being released to try and control this phenomenon.

Also, why didn't you just bump up the other very long thread on 911? Why start a new thread dedicated to one movie?
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 11:25
Your missing my point Maqsad. I don't want to add to the previous post, I just wanted people's views on this specific conspiracy theory, and in particular the facts that exist to refute its claims.

Loose Change has been around since before the general conspiracy undercurrent began to form, and was in fact a key contributor to the disbelief people are now showing to the official story.

I just want people's views on the video, and whether in their opinion it holds up or not. If the topic then branches so be it. 
Patch View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 11:46
My opinion is that those who believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theories either have a serious mental health problem or are sympathetic to the terrorists.
The 9/11 conspiracy theorists are similar to Holocaust Deniers, in fact many conspiracy theorists are also Holocaust Deniers e.g. David Duke and his followers.

Edited by Patch - 06-Jul-2007 at 11:54
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 11:50
Originally posted by Patch

My opinion is that those who believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theories either have a seriuos mental health problem or are sympathetic to the terrorists.

Sure, it's always 'angelic Westerners against evil men'.

Btw, false flag operations are not uncommon in United States.

Edited by Feanor - 06-Jul-2007 at 11:57
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 11:53
Originally posted by Patch

My opinion is that those who believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theories either have a seriuos mental health problem or are sympathetic to the terrorists.
The 9/11 conspiracy theorists are similar to Holocaust Deniers, in fact many conspiracy theorists are also Holocaust Deniers e.g. David Duke and his followers.

I quoted you and found more of your post. I don't accept that to believe in a conspiracy theory is to be sympathetic to the terrorists, as to believe that the government perpretated the attack is to believe that the terrorists ahd nothing to do with it, meaning that they were not there to be sympathetic with in the first place.

I advise you to watch the documentary first, then come to an informed decision for or against its claims.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 11:57
The video does not hold up 100% because it contains "sexed up" theories, stories and even testimonies that the moviemakers either deliberately or accidentally put in the movie. I haven't seen it all but I am guessing its got fact mixed with fiction so no matter what your opinion you will find something you "like" in that movie: whether its to debunk the inside job conspiracy or to support it. 
Patch View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 14:50
Below is a link that provides a critique of loose change and Dave Avery and also mentions a link to David Duke.

Those who are not conspiracy nutters or terrorist supporters may find it amusing.

Edited by Patch - 06-Jul-2007 at 17:59
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 17:06
Thanks for posting that Patch. When alittle logic and common sense are applied to that movie, it's like a smack to the forehead moment "DUH!". The whole bombs in the building, you'd have to be brainless to believe that after those points brought up. They're going to proffessionally demo a building without anyone knowing? Takes months to do buildings half that size, and thats with wires running right through the middle of hallways and no obsticles.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2007 at 18:13
Interesting article, Patch.

I personally don't buy the conspiracy theory b.s. I think that anybody who is swayed by viewing just one thing (documentary in this case) and forms an opinion upon this viewing forms only an uninformed opinion. In order to get an informed opinion one must view multiple viewpoints and make a decision based on all available evidence. With that said I think these people who buy into these conspiracies are misguided and are only looking for ways and reasons to blame those they think are responsible for their station in life.

Edited by King John - 06-Jul-2007 at 18:14
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2007 at 06:19
The BBC did a brilliant episode refuting the conspiracy theories around 9/11. To be honest, its a load of crap, most of it. I watched Loose Change and what they are really suggesting is a crazy conspiracy that would take expertise the likes Of Bush and Rumsfeld could only dream of having.

South Park did a good skit on it too.
Mumbloid View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Mumbloid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 05:13
I dont buy conspiracy theories either, I dont say CIA dont have a finger in the game (who knows?) but all that stuff of loosechange? and all the books that have been published? I guess somebody became wery rich with this. AND still after so many years...there is still no proff!

It seem to me just a bunch of crap, same kind like the moonhoaxes or area 51.

The future keeps the past alive.
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 13:05
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Thanks for posting that Patch. When alittle logic and common sense are applied to that movie, it's like a smack to the forehead moment "DUH!". The whole bombs in the building, you'd have to be brainless to believe that after those points brought up. They're going to proffessionally demo a building without anyone knowing? Takes months to do buildings half that size, and thats with wires running right through the middle of hallways and no obsticles.

I don't know about the rest of the theories, but the intentional demolition of the Twin Towers wouldn't have been practical. First of all as S&D points out people would have noticed the extensive modifications that are required to "blow" a building of the huge dimensions of the Trade towers. Next, the damage caused by the airliners hitting the building would have destroyed all the control wires needed to set the charges off in the exact order neccessary to drop the building straight down.

Those planes were still loaded with fuel when they slammed into the Towers and not all of it was consumed in the initial explosion. As it spread around the floor where the strike occured and below it burned and weakened the concrete and re-bar on the those floors causing them to eventually fail. The rest of the building above dropped down causing all the floors to fail in sequence.

Those jets came screaming in at high speed, even an expert pilot wouldn't have been able to hit a precise point on the buildings which clearly failed at the impact points.

Edited by DukeC - 13-Jul-2007 at 15:19
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 14:01
We should go easier with outrageous stories from our government. After all, those we laughed at and called crazy when they said that the CIA hired the mob to kill Castro were right.

That was the amazing thing about the CIA "Family Jewels": everything that you thought was tin foil was actually true.

This kind of stuff is horrible for your sense of reality.
Josip View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Josip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 18:05
Hands up everyone who had enough of conspiracy theories

*raises hand*

Originally posted by hugoestr

After all, those we laughed at and called crazy when they said that the CIA hired the mob to kill Castro were right.

Like who? When i heard that CIA wanted to kill Casto, that was no news to me. It was self-evident. What exactly is so suprising about it?

On the other hand, killing cca 3000 people is totally different issue, and conspiracy theories in this case underestimate islamic terrorism.
The scent of flowers does not travel against the wind but the odour of good people travels even against the wind; a good man pervades every place. The perfume of virtue is unsurpassed.
 Post Reply Post Reply