Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Roberto Carlos to Fenerbahce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roberto Carlos to Fenerbahce
    Posted: 18-Jun-2007 at 16:49
Yes. He moves to Fenerbahce Istanbul.

What do you think?

aslanlar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote aslanlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2007 at 17:19
He should of came to Galatasaray ;)
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2007 at 17:21
Better to Besiktas.
Lol, I guess they all are major rivals in Turkey.
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2007 at 18:03
He doesnt have any chance against Lincoln, Linderoth and Song.
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2007 at 12:48
Who's next? Bebeto?lol!

Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2007 at 13:38
Yeah, yeah, Carlos is so old that he has been in the starting eleven of Real Madrid until today. Come on Athenasios.  

As Raul said when Carlos left, Carlos is the history of Real Madrid, which is the best team in the world. After playing a top quality football in Real Madrid for 11 years, he's now in Istanbul to, at least one season, be the Roberto Carlos we all know.

He's 34, and he can play one more season. He could have gone to premiere league as he said, but he chose Fenerbahce because half of the team is made up of Brazilian Players, one of whom is Alex de Sousa, and also the team manager is a well-known Brazilian manager, Zico. Other reason is that Fenerbahce is a European champions league team.

So, Fenerbahce is coming baby.

Smile 
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2007 at 13:53
and what's about Carlos Alberto Torres, team captain of the brasilian worldchampion team of 1970 ?
I think he is to young for a turkish team, isn't he ?

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 20-Jun-2007 at 13:40

aslanlar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote aslanlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2007 at 15:01

34 Maybe but he is still one of the greatest defenders of the world and will continue to be so for atleast another 2 years. Love him :D

Such a shame he went to such a hopeless club instead of a great and historically magnificent club such as Galatasaray.
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2007 at 17:38
He can still cover a lot of back field with his speed, but I doubt that he is still a world class 'on the ball' defender.  He is still dangerous with his long range shots and dashing forward on attacks.  I think he will do well for Fenerbahce
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Neoptolemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2007 at 18:27
It's a good signing from a financial point of view and for the prestige of the club, but if I was a fener fan I wouldn't expect much from him.
aslanlar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote aslanlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2007 at 18:40
If you saw him last week against Mallorca i think it was, you will see he is still a top class defender, and if he wished, could still play for Madrid next season.
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Neoptolemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 01:39
No I didn't see the game, but I don't doubt that he can play well for 1-2 more years if he really wants and works for it. The question is, how motivated will he be playing for Fener and how often will he play at his potential? Not so often in my opinion (unless the coach puts him in the offensive half rather that the defensiveTongue).
I would have said the same if he had joined a Greek team btw
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 02:37
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

and what's about Carlos Alberto Torres, team captain of the brasilian worldchampion team of 1970 ?
I think is to young for a turkish team, isn't he ?

How old is Christian Wrns? He's 35, and still plays for Dortmund. C'mon Ulrich. Every football team can have a 34-year-old player.

I totally agree with King Kang of Mu. What I expect from him is to play a similar game as he did in Madrid last season. What's so different between 33 year-old Carlos and 34 year-old Carlos? I don't think Carlos will change dramatically.

He's not one of the best defenders anymore. But he will do well for Fenerbahce.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 03:27
Talking about vets - is Hakan Sukur still playing?
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 03:32
Originally posted by axeman

Ofourse..not only for Galatasaray but national team as well..

Maybe Latvia also should have some ''old guys'' given the poor state of Latvian NT in the qualifications.. Even Liechteistein defeated you guys..
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 03:37

He still plays for Galatasaray. And surprisingly he is quite good. He's 36. (Born in 1971)

Edited by The Hidden Face - 20-Jun-2007 at 03:41
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 06:06
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Originally posted by axeman

Ofourse..not only for Galatasaray but national team as well..

Maybe Latvia also should have some ''old guys'' given the poor state of Latvian NT in the qualifications.. Even Liechteistein defeated you guys..

Haha, I seriously doubt that. Just remember what kind of goal we scored against Turkey which made score from 2:0 to 2:1. That kind of goals only happen once in 100 years. Latvia looked pretty helpless otherwise.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 06:25
dude, it has almost been 4 years after that match. Up date yourself ;)
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 13:34
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

dude, it has almost been 4 years after that match. Up date yourself ;)

I guess you misunderstood me, what I said is that Latvia got past Turkey just by sheer luck.LOL
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 14:13
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

I think is to young for a turkish team, isn't he ?

How old is Christian Wrns? He's 35, and still plays for Dortmund. C'mon Ulrich. Every football team can have a 34-year-old player.

I totally agree with King Kang of Mu. What I expect from him is to play a similar game as he did in Madrid last season. What's so different between 33 year-old Carlos and 34 year-old Carlos? I don't think Carlos will change dramatically.

He's not one of the best defenders anymore. But he will do well for Fenerbahce.

and the team of our union has a 48 years old goal getter.

Post Reply Post Reply