Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20 things women should know about men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20 things women should know about men
    Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 13:44
Uh-Uh, Styrbiorn. So much has changed since 1955 that I firmly believe that manual to be OBSOLETE! That was probably used during the "Ozzie & Harriet" days, but not today! Nice try, though!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 14:02
Damn. I was hoping it was still valid.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 14:34
Norms change over time, bud! sometimes for good sometimes for worse like this
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 14:56
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

I'll do the defending, dear, don't you worry. As long as you cook, you'll be safe.

Won't work. A guy like me is too hard-headed to even let a woman attempt to defend me (this is coming from a guy who writes poetry in his spare time). If a mountain lion appears in front of us, its my job to fight the lion long enough for you to get away. Cultural roles from the old country, proven to work for millenia Cool ....okay if you really want to, you can kick the mountain lion after I put him to sleep, but thats all you're going to get. Just make me some food as soon as we get home LOL

Besides, my impressions are that Dutch men are really not that bad at cooking. I know quite a few who can. (better than me anyway) They don't unless you force them at knifepoint, but they can.

Okay if you force me at knifepoint I can probably whip up a good omelet.... tomatoes, onions, cheese, mushrooms, spices and seasonings. How do you like your eggs? Or maybe you'd like an eastern mediterranean style BBQ? I can even make you pretty good sandwiches. I'm a fast learner too... but you better have a big knife handy Tongue

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Same hereLOL

Marrying a girl who does not cook would be very dramatic for me, for I do not know cookingCry

I think its forbidden in both of our cultures to marry a woman who can't cook Wink

Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Ability to cook is totally non-related to ability to fight: one of the best cooks I know is actually a martial arts instructor.

Ah yes, I was just pointing out that a man who cooks great meals is as rare as a woman who will defend the man instead of vice versa. Okay maybe not as rare, but pretty rare in the big picture.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 15:38
Man styrbiorn, best manual ever. I wish more women read this.

Sadly though, it doesn't mention the obligatory blowjob before bedtime.   
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 17:43

Originally posted by Reginmund

Yeah, you're right. That lack is what makes it obsolete.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 18:32
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Originally posted by Reginmund

Yeah, you're right. That lack is what makes it obsolete.

What has Scandinavian women done to Scandinavian men? You sound desperate. Big%20smile

Edited by axeman - 04-Jun-2007 at 18:32
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 19:03

Originally posted by axeman

What has Scandinavian women done to Scandinavian men? You sound desperate. Big%20smile

I'm not especially serious in a thread like this
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2007 at 03:57
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

I'll do the defending, dear, don't you worry. As long as you cook, you'll be safe.

Won't work. A guy like me is too hard-headed to even let a woman attempt to defend me (this is coming from a guy who writes poetry in his spare time). If a mountain lion appears in front of us, its my job to fight the lion long enough for you to get away. Cultural roles from the old country, proven to work for millenia Cool ....okay if you really want to, you can kick the mountain lion after I put him to sleep, but thats all you're going to get. Just make me some food as soon as we get home LOL

Well, that is just the thing isn't it... Here in the Netherlands, we are curiously short on mountain lions... (perhaps it has to do with the absence of mountains?) In fact, walking around the countryside here, the absolutely most dangerous animal you can encounter is a cow... (or, if you are extremely lucky, you might get a miniature wild boar in out only nature park... but they are kindof shy) Now cows can be pesky, certainly when they are in a bad mood, but knocking it out is really gonna make a farmer real mad at you...

Point is, protective skills are a bit obsolete. Food, on the other hand, is vital. So if you wanna be of any use at all...

Besides, my impressions are that Dutch men are really not that bad at cooking. I know quite a few who can. (better than me anyway) They don't unless you force them at knifepoint, but they can.

Okay if you force me at knifepoint I can probably whip up a good omelet.... tomatoes, onions, cheese, mushrooms, spices and seasonings. How do you like your eggs? Or maybe you'd like an eastern mediterranean style BBQ? I can even make you pretty good sandwiches. I'm a fast learner too... but you better have a big knife handy Tongue

Don't like eggs at all actually...Tongue
BBQ is allright. Now that is a thing I absolutely refuse to do, BBQing. Luckily, men are genrally fighting over who can hold the poker best...Wink Unfortunately, this does not mean they can actually get the meat done before it is burnt. BBQ skills are a defenate pre.

I hear the Armenian kitchen is real good though... Did you never consider learning it to impress the culinary depraved American girls?

That would rather depends on who pays the bills.... and who that TV belongs to....

Shocked  Sharing is Caring--- the basic rule of a marriage!
That goes for the cooking and cleaning as well my dear.

LOL

Edited by Aelfgifu - 05-Jun-2007 at 05:23

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12