Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Empires of the Middle east in 2:43 minutes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Empires of the Middle east in 2:43 minutes
    Posted: 26-May-2007 at 12:04
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 12:24
Very interesting. The most fascinating thing ,though, is when it shows their exansion.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 15:10
Neat. But I missed the Sumerians Unhappy

And wasn't ancient Israel a tad large, even for when it was a single kingdom?
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 21:58
That was good. I like how they showed how each empire back then have taken over the area and how big they gotten. Very nice video. I wonder if theres anymore that talks about some different areas too...
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 22:01
Good stuff.

Join us.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 23:09
Very cool, but they missed the Successor Kingdoms and also Palmyra - which I think deserve honourable mentions.
Praetor View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Praetor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 00:33
It was pretty cool, though I agree they missed many empires (such as the Parthians and the Khwarezmids).

Originally posted by gcle2003

The Sumerians were a civilisation not an empire or single state but a collection of city-states (much like ancient Greece). So strictly speaking it would be a mistake to include a "Sumerian Empire" though thier could be an empire of Ur or an empire of Uruk (sumerian city-states).

Regards, Praetor.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 02:10
It'd be more fun if they did it in 50 yr increments. 
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 04:37

Originally posted by Praetor

It was pretty cool, though I agree they missed many empires (such as the Parthians and the Khwarezmids).

Originally posted by gcle2003

The Sumerians were a civilisation not an empire or single state but a collection of city-states (much like ancient Greece). So strictly speaking it would be a mistake to include a "Sumerian Empire" though thier could be an empire of Ur or an empire of Uruk (sumerian city-states).

Regards, Praetor.

True.

However it just left the impression the area (Mesopotamia) was somehow unorganised before the Assyrians.

My favourite spot in the Louvre is the collection of figurines from early Mesopotamia, in particular these little guys:

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 05:11

yea they missed many empires like akkadian and median .

similar video about religion like the empires one they missed

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 09:37
Both of them are quite entertaining, but I question the educational value; those who are well-read in this department from before will not learn anything new, and those who are ignorant will just see a bunch of meaningless names tossed at them.

Still, fun.
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 02:57
Great presentation - and great music!
What is the officer problem?
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 14:56
Yeah. The presentation is nice to watch and that's it's purpose.
 Post Reply Post Reply