Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision Song Contest!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eurovision Song Contest!
    Posted: 13-May-2007 at 22:30
What I couldn't understand is that the organization itself has always been so childish and weird. Other cultural organizations of Europe such as UEFA are super cool but Eurovision Thumbs%20Down. Why? Confused

" - After watching Eurovision, I stopped respecting European civilization."
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 23:52
Why has it been childish and weird? At least  you dont have riots here when your "team" loses...

And who was the one who said the quote above?

If all he needs is Eurovision to respect European civilization, maybe Europe doesnt need his respect at all.
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 00:05
Come on Mamikon. Smile It's all about self-respect.

Peteratwar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Peteratwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 05:59
Ok, How many of these very poor songs will be remembered in1 month's time ? or on the other hand in 1 week's time?
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 06:44
The best song was performed by Lordy  and the video-clip was super, Bulgaria's and Slovenia's song were pretty good too.
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 06:54
why should we listen all these bad songs.

Just lets shout name of country and vote for them..

By the way, Thank western Europea.Ermm
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 08:37
Some say that distinction through education is obtained not only through knowing a lot, but also through knowing what sort of thing you should rather not know so much about. Eurovision would be one of those.

I'm a bit perplexed, it seems that for the duration of these contests many Europeans suddenly lose all sense of taste.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 03:16
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Originally posted by mamikon

Is there a list that tells us how each country voted?

Armenia received 12 points from TurkeyLOL

It seems Armenia gets 13.000 votes from Turkey.

Please check the link (Turkish) : http://www.milliyet.com.tr/2007/05/16/guncel/gun09.html

TRT says they used German Digame system for SMS voting and the results:
Armenia 12 points for 13.333 votes
Bosnia 10 points for 10.884 votes
Russia 7 points for 7.101 votes

Regarding the population (70 mil.), it seems Eurovision voting is not popular in Turkey.
New User View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote New User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 13:16
I for one love the song contest. We get some folk round and have a laugh watching it and remembering the ole songs from years past. This world is so serious that this panto of a song festival with Terry Wogan muttering in our ears is a fun highlight of my viewing year!

Wacko
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2007 at 15:05
indeed, it just wouldn't be the same without Terry Wogan!

I watch it just for the commentary.

And because I have no choice...!
Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2007 at 06:23
Originally posted by Mortaza

why should we listen all these bad songs.

Just lets shout name of country and vote for them..

By the way, Thank western Europea.Ermm

You shouldn't thank western Europe.No western european voted for Turkey-it was the turkish emigrands that voted.Just like with Serbia.England gave 12 points to Turkey but i doubt any real english voted for Turkey.There are just many turks in England-that's it.It's not a competition for songs but for countries."Who has more emigrands" - that's how they should name it.
Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2007 at 06:25
BTW the turkish song really suc*ed.It was a typical oriental song.It's EUROvision after all ,not Middleeastvision.LOL
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2007 at 11:26

Originally posted by Jagiello

BTW the turkish song really suc*ed.It was a typical oriental song.It's EUROvision after all ,not Middleeastvision.LOL

9 of 10 songs sucked, as usual. I'd rather have the Turkish song represent Europe, then say, Ukraine :p

Do you really take this crap seriously?
Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2007 at 06:19
Ofcourse i don't take it seriously.The ukrainian song atleast was funny and made fun of the germans and the russians what we polish really enjoy.LOLAnd not all songs were bad.I liked the Czeh,Slovenian and Hrvatian songs.The bulgarian was also good.Our unfortunately also suc*ed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123