Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History of Indonesia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History of Indonesia
    Posted: 04-May-2007 at 20:35
This Time I want to challenge people, so.... As I Myself is an Indonesian, I want to challenge ALL People about This:

THE HISTORY OF INDONESIA

Hope u can solve it!!

"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 06:29
I don't know a whole lot about Indonesian history, and it's safe to say (I hope...) that many other members don't either. Would you care to enlighten us Balian, on the history of your country? That would be splendid.

I'll start us off.

Kingdom of Mataram

Springing from strong Hindu and Buddhist cultural and economic influence, this lasted from 835AD - 1006AD. It was founded by Sanjaya (I think...could it have been Senapati?), and his dynasty - of the same name - lasted for almost a century.
Mataram adopted Hindu culture and religion, and was based around central Java, and later on, around Eastern Java (maybe because of volcanic explosion).
Being based on very fertile land, Mataram could afford to sustain a hefty populace, and attain necessary resources to create some amazing buildings.
The kingdom collapsed due to militaristic pressure from the improaching Malayan King Srivijaya Airlangga, of the Srivijaya kingdom. The Kingdom of Mataram's last ruler was Darmawangsa.

Here is a temple built under Rakai Pikatan. It is the largest Hindu temple complex in the archipelago. It is called Prambanan.

The%20image%20http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/Rumbles_of_Prambanan.jpg/800px-Rumbles_of_Prambanan.jpg%20cannot%20be%20displayed,%20because%20it%20contains%20errors.

I'll let you elaborate...Smile

- Knights -

NOTE: Sources - Brittanica, Joglosemar (Website), Wikipedia...

Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 16:57
 Post Reply Post Reply