Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12th CENTURY GLORY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12th CENTURY GLORY
    Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 11:13
Truth be told I came here to just introduce everyone to this game but now that I'm here I think I may just stay. Very active and historically-minded place, I like that.

I present to you Twelfth Century Glory! A highly interactive forum-based RTS game with some RPG elements roughly based off of the Total War PC gaming series. The premise of the game is simple, you choose a specific faction (whether it be a kingdom, a vassal, an archbishopric, etc.) and commence to play your faction to the best of your ability. There is no ultimate goal - it is whatever you wish it to be. In the game you may ferment unrest in your enemy's lands, make and break deals, raid enemy territory, sack a city and slaughter it's populace, blockade ports, kidnap, assassinate, spy on your enemies, become excommunicated, burn heretics, or become one, and build buildings to the glory of God or for the supplementation of your armies. Rebel against your liege lord or become one over those who used to be your sworn enemies.The world is yours to conquer, purify, or to survive in. Create a time of peace and prosperity or ignite a Europe-wide conflict 9 centuries early. Beware though, every turn you take in your supposedly safe halls of your palaces and castles may be obstructed by enemies and even those who you once considered your friends. Every decision you make may inflame your enemies to war or excite them to proclaim you their new leader. Become a great, pious and just ruler. One who God himself would call a saint; or become an evil, sadistic, treacherous king. One who Satan himself would call his son.

It is a highly in-depth game we try to be as accurate as historical knowledge can allow us to be but we do make the necessarry sacrifices for a fluid game experience. Historical knowledge of the time period and your faction is not required but recommended and a quick wikipedia.com search should give you a sufficient background to go onto. If you have questions we are a very friendly group and we're more than willing to help those that need it.

Be warned, this game can be extremely addictive and time-consuming especially if you're a Moderator. Speaking of which, moderators are in high demand and if you have a good bit of time and love to play God we'd be more than willing to have you come aboard. We are currently planning on creating a much more automated game but we can't do that until we have enough mods to work on that and/or the current forum-based game. All potential mods and players are welcome to join us.

Currently,parts of the Holy Roman Empire, England, France, and some parts of Spain and Italy are all open. The game map will be much more expanded when we have enough players and moderators to help it become a reality.

Join us today and become enraptured in the beauty, mystery, and intrigue of the great middle ages and make history come alive!

http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Century_Glory/index.php?act=idx

Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 12:55
A-ah, brilliant, just a few months ago I opened a topic here in search of something of this kind. I will most definitly take a look!
 Post Reply Post Reply