Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese occupation of Korea/Korean nationalism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
antisocrates View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote antisocrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese occupation of Korea/Korean nationalism
    Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 18:22
Hiya guys,

Can someone(s) recommend good, balanced, fair books in English on the Japanese occupation of Korea (1905? - 1945)?
In addition, how about books on today's Korean nationalism, especially vis-a-vis the Japanese and the Americans?

Also, books in Korean on these topics would be appreciated too. I can read Korean, so books in Korean about the Japanese occupation and current Korean nationalism wouldn't be bad either.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. More academic and in depth the books are, the better!
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2007 at 22:40

Oh you can find bunch of stuff like that in libraries... depending on where you live.

I mostly rely on the public library and internet because I am cheap.

Join us.
Easternknight View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Easternknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2007 at 10:16
try Amazon or other online stores you can find many good books on Korea. Libarys are...decent again depending on where you live. large books stores are really a joke and have very little about History and even less about Asian history. [find me a book on Japanese history not relating to Samurai and or 20th century history and I would be impressed.]
Intranetusa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Intranetusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2007 at 23:01
Korean, Chinese, and/or Japanese sources are biased if the issue is controversial.
 Post Reply Post Reply