Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sport and Sex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sport and Sex
    Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 06:02
Hence why Anna Kornukovia and Maria Sharapova get much better ratings than the Williams sisters.

There was recently a news piece on TV about this topic, professional Netball is worried that many girls are not continuing with netball due to concerns about the clothes they wear in competition.

even in my university, girl are required to wear small t-shirt, and shorts during compulsory Pe lesson, so as to boys

You have compulsory PE at university? Our compulsory PE finished in year 10 (15 years old).

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 16-Apr-2007 at 06:02
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 09:54
yes,many universities in H<K.China and taiwan have compulsory PE lesson
leung
New User View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote New User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 10:46
hehe well first off sex isn't the unnatural scary thing we all seem to treat it as. So what if women are scantily dressed playing beach volleyball? I am sure if the women grouped together they could change they sports dress but then not as many folk would watch it.

Sport to me is about watching the fittest members of our species battling it out and seeing their bodies is part of that show.....well in my opinion anyway. I reckon the problem with semi naked folk is when they are not fit and sporty, hehe

Edited by New User - 16-Apr-2007 at 10:46
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 04:15
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

At colleges yes, but in international sport no. I think the wearing of a bikini is a regulation of the international beach volleybal org. And that is pushing it, I think. On the other hand, no one is forced to play.
Still, sad if girls cannot play a sport they want because they do not like dressing like that...

When I go to my Karate training, we share a dressing room with the Volleybal girls... we gossip about being glad we do not have to wear these short tight pants... I'm sure they gossip about being glad not to have to wear full-length pants and oversized coats of thick and inflexible cloth. Wink Just a matter of preference...

I agree with you 100%.
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 08:21
Originally posted by tommy

sometimes I wonder sex has mixed with Sport.Swimsuits is for swimming, but now it is used to express the sexy bodies, Some people liked to watch male and female in PE uniform in my university, T_shirt and short pants, they think it is so sexy, and I do not know why beach volleyball sportwomen should dress in Bikini, to attract the viewers?Some people do not want to watch the sport ,but the sexy sportmen and sportwomen, even in ancient Greece, the sportmen were naked.Some male and female bodybuildiers perform position which have strong sex impression.

Sport is not good for the younf anymore

No - sports are not mixed with sex Tommy. If you get weird thoughts because you see a girl in Bikini, its the inside of your head that needs an adjustment - not the girls clothing Wink

Of course, we all (males+) enjoy the beauty of the female body, but I think that works the other way around too. Many girls likes to watch the male body - nothing weird with that and we dont put a questionmark on a male in a swimsuit - do we?

If your head start spinning by watching a girl in no matter what clothing or without, it is just that - something that happens in your head.
Nudity, sports or swimsuits has nothing to do with sexuality - but we wrongly tend to connect it to sexuality.

~ Northman

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 03:22
Originally posted by Northman

If your head start spinning by watching a girl in no matter what clothing or without, it is just that - something that happens in your head.

Generally what happens inside peoples heads is pretty important. Enough to make serious decisions about, if we didn't live our lives by what happens in our head it would be a pretty boring life.
Nudity, sports or swimsuits has nothing to do with sexuality - but we wrongly tend to connect it to sexuality.

Wrongly? Right and wrong have nothing to do with the situation. Nudity is connected to sexuality - whether we happen to agree with it or not. I won't include sports or (necessarily) swimsuits.
Of course, we all (males+) enjoy the beauty of the female body, but I think that works the other way around too. Many girls likes to watch the male body - nothing weird with that and we dont put a questionmark on a male in a swimsuit - do we?

Well tommy did. So do I.

The point it sports are for all people to participate in and watch. Are we going to limit sports to people who have been purged of dare-I-say-it natural thoughts? Or limit it to people other than those who understand those thoughts and don't want to be the subject of them?
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 05:19

Nudity is connected to sexuality - whether we happen to agree with it or not.

Nudity is connected to sexuality....but we must also realize that this isn't necessarily so.

For example a woman's gynecological exam contains graphic nudity, yet there is no sexuality attached to it.

If we can detach nudity in sports from nudity in sex then there is no problem with it, since there is nothing unnatural about nudity and there is nothing unnatural about sports.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 19:57
In a perfect world you may be able to detach nudity and sex, I understand why they can be detached in theory, but I am saying that in the real world, they cannot be detached. For 98% of the population they are connected. (another 1% are doctors and medical students).

Trying to get 98% of the population to conform with 2% on ideological basis is both impossible and careless.

--And I think there is something unnatural about sports
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 00:29

And I think there is something unnatural about sports

I can understand a cricket fan having that opinion.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 02:52

What makes sports unnatural?

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 12:00
Have you seen an elephant play footba.... err, wait, scratch that one.
Arrrgh!!"
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2007 at 00:46
Originally posted by Cywr

Have you seen an elephant play footba.... err, wait, scratch that one.

LOL
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2007 at 05:57
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

In a perfect world you may be able to detach nudity and sex, I understand why they can be detached in theory, but I am saying that in the real world, they cannot be detached. For 98% of the population they are connected. (another 1% are doctors and medical students).

Trying to get 98% of the population to conform with 2% on ideological basis is both impossible and careless.

--And I think there is something unnatural about sports

You have never seen a campingsite of the Freikorper movement, have you? Trust me, there is no end to the amount of bare, bouncing, lilling, swaying flesh, and sex really really is the last thing on your mind when you see it... Bra's were invented with good reason, is all I will say...Confused

The thing about athletes is that they do not have just any odd body, they have nice bodies. And our genes still tell us that a strong and trained mate is a good catch, and will provide for strong and healthy offspring. That is why there is a pretty close link between sports and sex, but not necessarily between nudity and sex.

I have read that there are birds of which the females find themselves a slightly boring but steady mate to build a nest and bring up the little birdies with, but meanwhile have sex with as many macho-birds they can get... I think that the principle works for humans (exept we have a morale which might restrain it a bit). We want a steady and reliable mate to help us raise a family, but we recognise that the genes of the sportsmen might be more interesting than our own mates' genes. TongueWink

Edited by Aelfgifu - 23-Apr-2007 at 06:24

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
kurt View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote kurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 07:46
i think there is a lot of homo-erotism in sports.
-the ancient greeks admired muscly men and played sports naked.
-turks rub olive oil on themselves when wrestling, which is their most historic sport, aside from archery
-here in australia, a country devoid of both culture and history, there is a sport they call "aussie rules". its the most godawful thing ive ever seen in my life. the men wear short shorts (REALLY short shorts), have tight singlets which are designed specifically to highlight their muscly arms, are encouraged to grope each other (this is what they call tackling, which has in some cases ended with players' testicles being bitten and fingers inserted into people's anus's), and mostly have lean muscular figures like ancient greeks. this sport is the most blatantly homo-erotic thing i have ever seen in my life.
- british rugby. huge macho men ramming into each other at full speed. a cool concept to be honest.

the primary emphasis in these sports is the machoism of the competitors. perhaps not in british rugby and turkish wrestling, but i think there is some homo-erotism in sports, in cultures of the past and today.
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 12:36
In the model contest of China, male and female candidates  are asked to run at the beach with teir sexy swimpants and swimsuits, the co-ordinator say to let the candidates to do some execrise, but of course, not because of this, but to give sex excitement to the audience
leung
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12