Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cats or Dogs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Which do you prefer, Cats or Dogs?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [51.11%]
22 [48.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Eondt View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Eondt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cats or Dogs?
    Posted: 15-Nov-2007 at 13:30
Dogs! I like cats but they are just not as special as dogs. I have a border collie and she is smarter than any cat I knowApprove

Plus a dog will willingly give its life for you. The most loving and loyal act there can be (and, unfortunately just too much of a practicle consideration over here).
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2007 at 22:50
Australia has a national dog story. During the 1850's there was a great push inland to settle recently opened land and most traveled by bullock wagon. They took hampers of food with for refreshment on the long journey called a tuckerbox. One bullock driver got his wagon stuck in the nearby Murrumbidgee river. He left is dog to guard his food and went to get his bullocks out of the mud. Sadly the man slipped and drowned. But the dog continued to wait and refused to move away from the box until death. The locals were so impressed by the story of the faithful dog they built a monument "the dog on the tuckerbos" that is still there today.
elenos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234