Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi everyone I need help :/

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi everyone I need help :/
    Posted: 01-Apr-2007 at 20:30
Hi everyone i need some information about the Muslim invasion of Iran, basiclly i need sources that are not Iranian nor Muslim.  I need these questions to be answered.

1.)Did the Caliphate send any letters to the Iranians asking them to convert and or paytribute to them.

2.)Did the Ummayad's really go around and kill Zoroastrian priests and people who knew how to read and right Pahlavi.

3.)Were Iranians forced to convert to Islam or converted willingly or both.

4.)What were the main reasons for Babak Khorramdin and other Iranians to rebel against the Abbasid Caliphate, by this i mean what were the Abbasids doing to cause such a huge rebelian.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 11:32
sources that are not Iranian nor Muslim?!!!  if there any they would be very rare and most likely inaccurate.

i think most of the european and western books used Iranian and/or Islamic sources.

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 13:36
welcome back Azimuth,I agree with you.
king of mazenderan there is another idea,make a comparison between the two sources to figure out somtehing useful for all.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
 Post Reply Post Reply