Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scandinavian Ornaments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scandinavian Ornaments
    Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 16:49
Hi guys.

I need some pictures of scandinavian ornaments.I need especially medalions.I want to make myself a medalion with viking runes,but i dont know what kind of medalions scandinavians made.So do you have any ideas,what style vikings prefere,the shapes of medalions and etc.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 17:56
HERE is a good selection of replica's

Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 18:00
Perfect!!! Many thanks Northman.
Plato
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 04:38
That is cool Krum? How are you going to make them? OUt of wood? Or metal?

I have a thing for Historical amulets as well. In Denmark, you can buy replicas for a lot of the Bracteates they found, so I bought myself two (one tin one silver) and I bought my brother a Thor's hammer and his girlfriend a 10th century cross with a primitive christ. Smile

I got this one... (I spend sooo much money there....LOL)
I also got a transcription of the runes on it... I can look it up for you if you're interested.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 06:33
I am going to make them out of wood for now.I also found this site for viking runes.
I hope that it translates names correctly.So if someone can find some wooden examples i will be a very happy person.

Just need some models and styles.I want everything to be perfect.

Runes

Edited by Krum - 14-Mar-2007 at 06:36
Plato
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 11:26

Here is a drawing of a medalion with the runes of my three names.Do you like it?I used the model of a real medalion from the link that Northman gave.Only the runes are the new and the most important element.
Plato
 Post Reply Post Reply