Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of Bulgar Warriors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of Bulgar Warriors
    Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 14:17
They actuallly left rather many inscription written with runic alphabeth.
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 08:13
The initial position of the Pliskas columns is not know with certainty. It has been suggested that they were erected around the Palace and the Palace square

From wich palace were they erected?

Large Basilica

Is it a church? Were is it located?

Most frequently, locally found antique columns or columns brought after the military campaigns of khan Krum from Thracia were used for that purpose.

So, in those Thracian regions the Greek alphabet was used as well.
It would be nice to see some elements of the runic alphabet sometime in this or in an other topic. I have no idea how they looked like.

as well as several short inscriptions, some of them with unclear meaning.
Like this of Krum's... I can't figure out a single wordUnhappy. It's like the code meanings that ancient Greeks used... Why did he use an inscription like this? To be honnest i neither see the usage of it nor i believe that it has to do with Krum.... 

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 12:06
Originally posted by Athanasios

So, in those Thracian regions the Greek alphabet was used as well.
It would be nice to see some elements of the runic alphabet sometime in this or in an other topic. I have no idea how they looked like.

http://kroraina.com/pb_lang/index.html
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 12:19
In Romania, in Southern Dobrudja (so, close to the areas of Pliska and Preslav) there is a 9-10th century rupestrain monastery wehere grafitti with runic inscriptions and images like those at Pliska are:

It seems that those runs are of Wikings, because images of clear Viking origin are scratched too:

Click on images too go to the originar web pages. You can also download a screen saver with photos inside the rupestrian hermitages:

http://www.descopera.ro/forcedownload.php?tt_news=505

ILIYAN2009 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ILIYAN2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2009 at 23:52
Very good !
You guys deserve a reward for preserving the Bulgarian culture here in this forum !
Carry on like that.
We Bulgarian we are lions and we should show to the world our brave history
There is a photo of Khan Krum from me.
Bye !
Bulgar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123