Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islam and alcohol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam and alcohol
    Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 16:33
haha, noone  drink it(not even 1%) but well It is known.(At least by my friends.)

I agree, we have no relation with it. It is nothing more than a joke, but a widely known joke.

You know even Erdogan drunk it at middle asia and people talk about If Kımız have alchol or not.LOL(At least, more than 1% people learn kımız for this reason.)
kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 16:39
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

C'mon Mortaza. Kimiz is only known by some Pan Turkists. That's all. I said %99. But even %1, which means 700,000 of Turkish people, is very high number, if you ask me. The reason is that Kimiz is not a part of Anatolian Turkish culture.

Kımız sadece bizim Trklerin ve orta asyadan gelmiş kazak kırgız vs vatandaşlarımızın bildiği bir iecektir. Kımızın ne olduğunu bilenlerde tarihle ilgilenmiş, Orta Asya Trknnn kim olduğunu az ok bilen kişilerdir. oğuda Trkdr. Bizim cahil lkclerde bilmez bunu. Nereden bilsin yahu? Aıp kitap mı okumuş, hoş kendi kltrn anca kitaptan ğrenebiliyorsun, kyne gidip ninene dedene sordukların, onların bildikleri kltrmz degil mina koyim.

Anadolu kylsnn kımız itiği nerede grlmş yahu! Ulan Trk milli ikisi yazmış Bulldog, "milli" ikiden bahsediyoruz Murtaza. evremizdeki kişiler adını dahi bilmeyecek, hi bi yerde byle bir olguya rastlanmayacak, sonra? internetteki bi forumda birileri bize bizim kltrmz pişmiş kelle gibi sıratarak ğretmeye alışacak, nerde iiliyormuş bu? Anadolu' nun neresinde abi? Istanbul' un neresinde? Etiler-Tarabya daki eşcinsel erkek assolistler mi? Bağcıların Krt mahallelerindeki kşe başı delikanlıları mı? Hangi marjinal grup bu yahu!

ıkartaksınız beni taksim meydanına en sonunda, kanlı canlı anket yaptıracaksınız bu kımızla ilgili o olacak.

Hi Hidden,

If you would not mind, please include a translation of what you just wrote in the above post. 

I know there is probably nothing offensive in it, but please humor me.  I have already contacted Mortaza about this and he kindly included a translation in his last post.

Thank you in advance!

-kilroy
Kilroy was here.
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 17:19
Certainly not offensive. But I deleted the turkish part of my post. Sorry for that.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 22:28
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

I once heared from a woman who had lived in Pakistan for a while. She wanted to buy some alcohol from one of these stores for foreign people, but she needed a pass for it first. So she went to the city office for the pass, and the man behind the desk asked her if she was an alcoholic. She rather indignantly replied no, and the guy gave her a pass for 2 litres of alcoholic beverages. She asked if she could get some more, two litres is not a lot for 6 months or something. He told her that as she was not an alcoholic, she did not need more.

Six months later she had to get a new pass. The man once again asked her if she was an alcoholic. This time she replied yes, and voila, a pass for forty litres was given without a flinch. LOL True story, I swear.
Well ma'am in every person there is (or should be) a bullsh*t alarm.  There are no such things as "foreigners stores" in Pakistan. ANd you don't need a "pass" for buying alcohol. This sounds like one of those "Soviet" jokes from the 80's.

kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2007 at 00:20
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

Certainly not offensive. But I deleted the turkish part of my post. Sorry for that.

Don't worry about it Hidden i know you wouldn't post anything offenive, just next time provide a translation (you didn't have to delete!), and thank you for your cooperation.  Keep up the good discussion Smile!
Kilroy was here.
DocStaph View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote DocStaph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2007 at 03:05
you do need a pass, a foreign citizen passport to get into the shops in karachi, and of course to buy booooze.........but then paskeeiiistan smells of booooze all the time... ........
Pregnancy is a Death Sentence to an Afghan Woman!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2007 at 06:04
No you don't.  You need to show proof of identity (age) to buy yes, but you don't need proof of citizenship.

And if pakistan smells of booze mara, then you must have a lot of experirnce in recognizing the smell.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2007 at 04:55
You need to show proof of identity (age) to buy yes

Not that I have ever tried to buy alcohol in Pakistan (or Australia), but I suspect that you don't really need proof of age either.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 24-Apr-2007 at 04:57
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2007 at 05:07
Well, the source the story came from was reliable in itself... but it might have been some time ago, perhaps even in the 80s... And anywhere: Pakistan is a big country, perhaps some local official somewhere decided to get difficult about it... Wink

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2007 at 05:42
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Pakistan is a big country, perhaps some local official somewhere decided to get difficult about it...
In that case all he wanted was a bribe
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 08:51
back to topic

why alcohol is forbidden in Islam, as mentioned in the Quran 2:219{ They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit."}

because its "bads" are more than its "goods".

Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 15:57

This is because any Alcoholics can make us drunk. And Drunken man can could do anything other Harams such as Killing,Gambling,and Prostituing. And it is also not good for Health.

Yes, Abrahamic Religions had wine in their mysteries, but some Islam Mullahs said that the mystery of Wine are just made by Christians and Jews founder (I mean, early high-ranked men of those 2 Religion create the 'Wine Mysteries').

"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
The_Jackal_God View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote The_Jackal_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2007 at 17:22
so are all things alcoholic forbidden, or only certain types of alcoholic drinks?

like is alcohol made from figs, dates or honey forbidden?

Ethiopians make this honey wine called Tij (Tej) - and I can't remember whether the muslim Ethiopians were drinking it or not.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2007 at 20:48
All alcohol that is consumed, alcohol in a medicinal fashion, or industrial, etc... is not.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2009 at 18:20
While I have not read all of the previous posts, I do know, from very reliable sources, that alcoholic beverages are imported into to Saudi Arabia by the "Royals", and the ports or airports are closed to all except the "approved ones" until these reportedly illegal items are unloaded and taken to "Royal estates", etc.!

Hypocrisy is alive and well through out the Muslim world!

Edited by opuslola - 25-Oct-2009 at 18:21
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234