Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curry and...China?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curry and...China?
    Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 06:33
     I just had a really hearty meal of curry tonight for dinner, and was just wondering, why is curry not more widespread in China? Given the close proximity of China to the spice producing SE Asia, and there's a lot of different spices to be found in China as well, why is it that the Chinese never aquired the taste for curry? I love it myself, but a lot of my Chinese friends just don't.
     How important was spice to the Europeans during the great spice trade, where even today, 1kg of saffron is still more expensive than 1kg of gold. Was it because the Chinese already had their own ways of using spices in their cooking, while the Europeans don't?

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 09:21
In Japan curry is more common than in India or SE Asia, it's strange how China sandwiched between the three misses out on this dish.

I suppose one reason could be the Chinese oversion to spicy food.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 23:07
That's a good question, though my Chinese friends are exceptions. They are obsessed with curry... which makes me wonder why they like it so much.

It might be helpful if a Chinese memeber could answer this one.

Join us.
jiangweibaoye View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 22:30
I am Chinese & I love Curry.

Hell, I love good food.  Any food from anywhere as long as it does not move or bit back, I am on it.

The same goes for girls.

Jiangwei
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 22:51
Originally posted by jiangweibaoye

The same goes for girls.

Jiangwei

You're a necrophile? Dead
jiangweibaoye View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 15:03
Did not even know the meaning of the word.  Had to look it up on google.

What I meant was I like girls regardless of race.  As long as they are hot, I could care less about their nationality.  That is what I meant.

While I am at it, I like to state that the girls have to be at least legal age (preferrably mid twenties).

Jiangwei
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 02:00
Wow, how did such a question about curry got involved into women... again?

Join us.
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 14:09
curry.......despite of its deliciousness, it ll never replace Tabasco........never!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply