Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Central Asia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HistoryGuy View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HistoryGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central Asia
    Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 21:03
Are Turkic peoples native to Central Asia, or are they native to East Asia?Confused
هیچ مردی تا به حال به شما درباره خدا گفته.
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 03:36
Some gone to East Asia and mongolizied ı heard but normally Central Asia
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 08:53
Hmmmm

Turkic people were or are native to East and east CA. Before the turk conquest of Ca the western and southern parts were inhabited by persian nomads. Who are now largely assimilated in the turkic population
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote HistoryGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 10:47
I am sure I have Turkic ancestry, but I showed up to be 100% European in the Ancestry By DNA autosomal test. European, in this test is, divided up into four parts (Northern European, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and South Asian). The test I took was divided into European, East Asian, Native American, and Sub-Saharan African. They are soon going to add Central Asian to the test. Do you think if I should any traces of Central Asian, would it be Turkic? Part of my family is from Poland, Belarus, and Ukraine, and my family had a very Mediterranean look, but they were Catholic. My great-grandmother had a Asian look to her, but apparently I don't have any East Asian..Ouch

Edited by HistoryGuy - 28-Oct-2006 at 10:50
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 10:57
Well Turks originally trace themselves back to the Altay region, so it is Central Asia but the Eastern part of it. I think Eastern Asia is East of Eastern Turkestan.

To be a Turk you don't need a specific Genetic make-up, its not based upon race. You could have some Turkic ancestory, it would be better to do a family tree trace if you wish to discover this.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote HistoryGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 13:58
That is virtually impossible, since all my family records were either stolen or lost. I didn't mean Turkish, but I meant the Central Asian Turks. I should've ask the question in a different way. If I did another Autosomal DNA test and it showed Central Asian markers, would I have Turkic? What other ethic groups live in Central Asia?
Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 18:27

The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 19:07
Originally posted by HistoryGuy

I am sure I have Turkic ancestry, but I showed up to be 100% European in the Ancestry By DNA autosomal test. European, in this test is, divided up into four parts (Northern European, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and South Asian). The test I took was divided into European, East Asian, Native American, and Sub-Saharan African. They are soon going to add Central Asian to the test. Do you think if I should any traces of Central Asian, would it be Turkic? Part of my family is from Poland, Belarus, and Ukraine, and my family had a very Mediterranean look, but they were Catholic. My great-grandmother had a Asian look to her, but apparently I don't have any East Asian..Ouch

I am sorry but, how can you be that sure that you have CA Turkic ancestry?
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 20:04

That is virtually impossible, since all my family records were either stolen or lost. I didn't mean Turkish, but I meant the Central Asian Turks. I should've ask the question in a different way. If I did another Autosomal DNA test and it showed Central Asian markers, would I have Turkic? What other ethic groups live in Central Asia?

people of the persian stock I guess
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote HistoryGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 20:18
My homeland was bombarded with Turks and my family shows Turkic features.. A surname in my family has a Polish Tatar root.. That's how I believe I have some Trukic ancestry..
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 20:27

A tatar root can make you a Turkic but, just because your family shows asiatic features don't make you Turkic. All central asians are not Turkic, that's what I try to say, but If you know that you have tatar roots, you are Turkic, that's right.

shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 09:58

I think it is almost impossible to find out if you have a Turkic root or not. The only way is that you feel yourself a Turk and have a Tukic culture. As long as I know the genetic in C.A. and India and slavic nations are similar ( big percentage of M17 or R1a10) so if you show a central asian gentic marker you could be a Turk, a Persian or a Slav, even from a pakistani origin.

It looks so complicated,eh.
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 16:07

I am sure I have Turkic ancestry, but I showed up to be 100% European in the Ancestry By DNA autosomal test. European, in this test is, divided up into four parts (Northern European, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and South Asian). The test I took was divided into European, East Asian, Native American, and Sub-Saharan African. They are soon going to add Central Asian to the test.

European, East Asian, Native American, and Sub-Saharan African. They are soon going to add Central Asian to the test!!!

Woow realy mixed. If i were you i wouldnt trust that test.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 10:37
Originally posted by Turkoglu

maybe this image can help you

Who the hell screwed around with that map? You can tell upon close inspection that it has been altered.

The original is to be found here: 
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/casia_ethnic_93.jpg

Just speculation, but I suspect someone who is Pan-Iranic or something of that nature as it is the Tajik pink colouring that has been grossly expanded.

To note as well, the map was created in 1993. Almost 14 years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply