Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Answer Me This History Question Plea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dexmaus View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dexmaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Answer Me This History Question Plea
    Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 20:46
1st Question:
I know the american were drawn into WWII because the japanese attack on pearl harbour. how exactly did United State defeated them tho?

2nd Question:
Comparing the Russian revolution under Lenin and overthowring the British rule led by Gandhi in India, which one have greater impact on the world we live in today? why?

Please answer the questions for me? I really want to know!! Thanks
dexmaus View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote dexmaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 21:55
nobody?
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 23:50
1. The U.S. gain a lot of sea territory. After victory day was achieved in Europe, the U.S. was ready to continue the war for another year or two, which was expected to be heavy on deaths and injuries on both sides. The atomic bomb was developed at this time, and dropping two bombs in Japan brought an end to the war.

2. He, he. It seems that someone hasn't done the ready for their take home final I am in a good mood, so I will give you a short thesis statement that you still have to develop.

Gandhi had a greater impact in the modern world for two reasons: first, because his political victory, the independence of India, has survived to this day--and Lennin's hasn't.

The second reason is that Gandhi gave the world a way of solving problems that doesn't require violence. This method has been used all over the world, with the Martin Luther King Jr. part of the Civil Rights movement as a high as a notable victory obtained through non-violence.
jacobtowne View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote jacobtowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 12:52
"1st Question:
I know the american were drawn into WWII because the japanese attack on pearl harbour. how exactly did United State defeated them tho?"

Blood, Sweat, and Tears.Smile

The Pacific was witness to  some of the fiercest fighting in the war.

Hundreds of books have been written about the Pacific War. I recommend, first, Ronald Spector's excellent Eagle Against the Sun: The American War with Japan.

As in Europe, American air power played a significant role. Deciphering the Japanese codes helped at Midway, where naval aviators sank four Japanese carriers and turned the tide of war to  a U.S. offensive operation. Control of the skies was essential for successful amphibious landings. Unlike Europe, the Pacific was a true three-dimension war - land, air, and sea. The Battle of Leyte Gulf  was the largest naval engagement in history.

The vastly superior industrial capacity of the U.S. was also a key to victory.

Conventional bombings of the Japanese home islands, particularly incendiary raids, killed far more people and caused more destruction than did the two atomic bombs. The fire bomb raid on Tokyo of March 9-10 , 1945, killed at least 100,000, more than the atomic bomb did in Nagasaki, and destroyed 16 square miles of that city.

As well, after the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, the Soviet Union launched a surprise attack of 1.5 million men against Japanese occupied Manchuria.

It was the weight of all these factors that decided Emperor Hirohito to stop the carnage.

JT

Edited by jacobtowne - 25-Oct-2006 at 12:57
 Post Reply Post Reply