Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sultan Mehmet II Conqueror Going in Istanbul

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sultan Mehmet II Conqueror Going in Istanbul
    Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 13:44

Edited by Pusu6600 - 24-Oct-2006 at 13:51
Chilbudios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Chilbudios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 13:48

You mean probably Mehmet II el-Fatih (1451-81) and not Mehmet I Celebi (1413-1421).

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 13:52

SorryEmbarrassed

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 14:12
so what is the aim of topic, what will be we discuss?

This is not an art forum, but a history forum. Why do you sent pictures here, without comments?

By the way, That army is not look like  turkish, It looks like as arabic army.
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 14:31
True
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 15:25
Originally posted by Mortaza

so what is the aim of topic, what will be we discuss?

This is not an art forum, but a history forum. Why do you sent pictures here, without comments?

By the way, That army is not look like  turkish, It looks like as arabic army.

Ne Arabı Dostum Elinde Lalilahe illah Bayrağı Olan Arapmı Olur Canım
Ayrıca Giyim Tarzları Arablara Benzeye Bilir Fakat Onemli Olan Resimleri Ve Giysileri Değil 2000 Yıla Yakın Yaşayan Bizans'ı Tarihe Gmmesidir.. Kanları Canları Trktr Ayrıca Bu Temsili Bir Resimdir
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 02:59
Pusu Kardes, i dont wan you to get in trouble so i have translated you reply to fit in with the regulations of the site.

"Arab? what are you talking about my friend?. Just becuase one has the Shahada (la ilaha illalah...) flag does not make one an Arab. Their costume may be Arabic but the picture nor their dress is not important, the burial of the nearly 2000 year old Byzantine's is.. Their blood and life is Turkish, this is just one image"

I personally agree with Pusu that it does not matter about their attire, although in saying this many of the soldiers in the back holding the flags seem to be wearing a costume more similar to that of Berbers.
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 03:53
This Map looks like Saladin entering Jerulasalem
Brainstorm View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Brainstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 05:04
what is the catholic priest doing there?
the_oz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote the_oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 08:27
Originally posted by Turk Nomad

This Map looks like Saladin entering Jerulasalem

This painting is drawen by an european artist.Europeans know Turkish culture similar as Arab culture not for showing us look like Arabian they are uninformed.
last_janissary View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote last_janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 09:19

Edited by ok ge due to insensitive and provokative language use against another religion. Please excercise more sensitivity with other forumers.

Edited by ok ge - 28-Oct-2006 at 11:38
http://www.ilkerozer.net

Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 19:24
Originally posted by last_janissary

he was going to hell

hmm interesting.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 09:43
I don't think I get it.

In 1453, Ottomans had a small kingdom in Western Anatolia.

They had no access to deserts of Middle East or Africa.

So I doubt there were black people among the ranks of their army.

Originally posted by Turk Nomad

This map looks like Saladin entering Jerulasalem

Yeah, I think that's the case.

Edited by Feanor - 26-Oct-2006 at 09:44
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 18:45

I'd like to remind a certain member that Art is HISTORY and plays a very important role, historical art is very interesting, should be discussed, many have messages and strories going on which the artist has mapped into the painting.

Also, we fail to realise that in that era especially the middle-east, was very cosmopoliton, they were not alien to Black or Blonde peoples. 

Edited by Bulldog - 26-Oct-2006 at 18:47
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 18:40
 Here's a very similar one and also painted by a 19th century European artist. Both painters surely mostly relied on imagination and artistic license, rather than insisting on historical authenticity.

[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 19:51
This belongs to Ottoman Palace artist Fausto Zonaro.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 03:12
....Edited by ok ge,
Please note this is an English Forum. Refer back to the website code:

Someone have translated one of your posts in a different thread, yet you continued to post in non-English. Consider this an unofficial warning. The next non-English post of yours will result in a warning.

Edited by ok ge - 29-Oct-2006 at 03:22
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 03:21
Bu senin dediklerin değildir,arap kıyafetleri de mslmanlığı simgelemez,araplığı simgeler.Temsili resimleri izen ressama sormak gerek...Ama burda bahsettiğin değildir ama...

Write English or your post will be deleted...
 Post Reply Post Reply