Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Geography of South-East Asia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geography of South-East Asia
    Posted: 07-Oct-2006 at 13:51
Hi,

I would like to start the discussion of the Geography of South-East in anew topic, as was requested by the mods. Therefore, I will pose the original questions and add a few:

Original:

1) Did the Indian people ever go to Indonesia, Ceylon, or other, more southward (and westward) islands and even Africa?

2) How often did the Indians communicate with the people in Cameron?

3) What was their look on the world like? Similiar to Indians or what?

4) Any maps?

5) Were the people used to sailing around, did they ever go to China or India, Indonesia or other islands?

6) What were the relations to the Polynesians?

7) Were there any routes through the jungle? Did any people go discovering the jungle?

New:

10) How often did trading occur between the various peoples?

11) How much did the seafaring of Chupta's (or whatever the empire was called) infuence the various peoples?

12) What were the different ship designs like?

Edited by rider - 07-Oct-2006 at 14:49
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2006 at 14:10

Here is South East Asia Map..

Edited by cahaya - 07-Oct-2006 at 14:22
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2006 at 14:23
I saw that:

"So many questions...!" btw.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2006 at 14:30

lol..sorry

but rider... the second question...

2) How often did the Indians communicate with the people in Cameron or in Persia?

u are asking about Indian.. u mean indian in SE Asia? and how often Indian communicate with people in cameron or in persia from SE Asia? i really dont get u...
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2006 at 14:50
Updated. I meant that how often did the persons in India communicate with South East Asia?
chimera View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote chimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 17:51
Very often, because Sanskrit words spread out into the Pacific and were used in general communications...um..what is your question..?
chimera
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 16:11
 I think the Indian are realy fluently and frequently communicated with SE countries. For many literature i could get some information that ancient Indonesian kingdom has a religion that comes from India such as Hindu and Buddha. Also the language and write, sanskrti are commonly used by Indonesian kingdom before 16th century, or before the Islamic kingdom spread in Indonesian Peninsula. Indonesian kindom also has a good relationship in trading and diplomacy with china and India. and some literature write that some Indonesian kingdom sent their emmisary, diplomat, and also religious scholar to China and India.
 Post Reply Post Reply