Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ottoman Battles in the Middle East

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ottoman Battles in the Middle East
    Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 23:34
Ive heard of battles between the Ottomans an Europeans, yet i havent really seen Ottomans vs Middle Eastern battles discussed on here...

So did they have any heroes, win any glorious battles, revolts etc etc  ????
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 08:33
Well the majour conflict was between The Ottomans and Persia, an maybe great heroes were Selim I, and Suleiman al Kanuni for the turks, and Shah Ismail I, and Shah Abbas I for Persia
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 13:44

There are 2 main fights between Eupeans and Ottoman Turks in the Middle East.

1- Napoleon invated Egypt and marched to Palastina which was under Ottoman contro. He sieged the Acca Fort which was defended by Turkish miilitary governor Cezzar Ahmet Pasha. Cezzar means in English "Butcher" He defeted Napoleon. Napoleon left his army and returned to Paris to his misstress. It is said that napoleon throw his famous Frenchhut to the Turkish trenched and yelled" I couldn't take Acca. let the wind takes my hut into Acca"

2- During WW1 Turks fought againts British in Middle east.

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 08:04

Some examples of those major battles...

1473 Battle of Otlukbeli---Ottomans ve Akkoyunlus(Another Turkic tribe located in Eastern Anatolia,Azerbaidjan,Northwestern Iran)

1514 Battle of Chaldiran---Ottomans vs Safavids...The battle in which Ottomans pulled Safavis back and decreased the Shiite influence on Anatolia, also preventing Safavids to help Mamelukes

1516 Battle of Merjidabik---Ottomans vs Mamelukes---Made in Syria, ended with the death of Mameluke Sultan Kansu Gavri,resulting in Ottoman control of Syria+Lebanon+Palestine

1517 Battle of Ridaniyeh---Ottomans vs Mamelukes---Made in entrance line to Egypt from Sinai, Ottomans, using a surprise tactic by coming over the Sinai desert instead of going directly to the where the Mameluke artillery was directed, and won...Then Egypt was annexed and Mamelukes had come to an end...Ottomans took over the Caliphate...

More to come...Soon...
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
the_oz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote the_oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 08:55
Arabians have revolted thanks to english in WWI.their hero also is an english Lawrence of Arabia.
 Post Reply Post Reply