Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abrahams Origin in India?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Online Status: Offline
  Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abrahams Origin in India?
    Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:05

Leonidas

Y did u even bother.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:40
Originally posted by gcle2003

(Vivek Sharma) Krishn's era was 3150 BC. He was a historical figure.(end)

So you can quote me the historical texts that confirm this? If the culture was literate in 3150 BC, then how was it written down? You have what? Contemporary inscriptions? Tablets? Steles?

[/QUOTE]

Good point!

All religions usually like to set dates well into the past. That does not mean the books were written at those dates, though.

In the case of India, I perceive a tendency by some to exagerate the antiquity of the writings. As far as I know, classical Indian religious literature was put on writing since the late first milenium B.C., and perhaps later.

Now, India traditions, stories and believes could be a lot older than the literature, transmitter orally, but then there is not hope dates are precise.

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 16-Nov-2006 at 14:42
Worldhistory View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 19:12
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Their seems to be one small difference. Tibet is not shown as a part of the ancient India. Tibet is the most important place in Indian religion / mythology / culture. It is the home of Indian gods. Earlier in this century, before being usurped by China, tibet wanted to become a part of India rather than China, but our stupid prime minister Nehru wanted to forward his own stupid principles. So it was lost to chinese.

I didn't know that about Tibet.

What's your opinion on the below extract where Havilah is supposed to be India? Do you agree with this?

"The Bible also states that Ishmael, son of Hagar, and his descendants lived in India.

Genesis 25:17-18 ...Ishmael breathed his last and died, and was gathered to his kin...They dwelt from Havilah (India), by Shur, which is close to Egypt, all the way to Asshur."

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 19:25
Since when was India close to Egypt but Asshur (in Iraq) far away?
Worldhistory View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 19:28
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Since when was India close to Egypt but Asshur (in Iraq) far away?

Could be that in those days it was faster to travel by boat to India from Egypt, than to travel by caravan from Egypt to Iraq.

That is, if Asshur refers to Iraq.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 21:55
Originally posted by malizai_

Leonidas

Y did u even bother.

im just having some funSmile
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 00:09
Originally posted by pinguin

Originally posted by gcle2003

(Vivek Sharma) Krishn's era was 3150 BC. He was a historical figure.(end)

So you can quote me the historical texts that confirm this? If the culture was literate in 3150 BC, then how was it written down? You have what? Contemporary inscriptions? Tablets? Steles?

Good point!

All religions usually like to set dates well into the past. That does not mean the books were written at those dates, though.

So what ? Did I say anything to the contrary.

In the case of India, I perceive a tendency by some to exagerate the antiquity of the writings.

& I notice a tendency by others to try to surpress the indian antiquity out of some fear of god knows what or some complex or vested interests.

As far as I know, classical Indian religious literature was put on writing since the late first milenium B.C., and perhaps later.

But unfortunately you do not know much about the subject. Just because you have not been exposed to it.

Now, India traditions, stories and believes could be a lot older than the literature, transmitter orally, but then there is not hope dates are precise.

Again the same complex at work.

Pinguin

[/QUOTE]

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2012 at 20:19
Abraham an Indian? I thought he came from Ur?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345