Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAncient & modern Greeks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Poll Question: Do you believe that modern Greeks are descedants of ancient Greeks?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [50.00%]
10 [35.71%]
4 [14.29%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient & modern Greeks
    Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 03:49
And one question. Is it not strange that a small country as Greece, continues to have a role in world's stage? Not politicaly ofcourse, but in arts, in athletics and many more. What is this that makes the difference with other neighbour or not countries? Not the money ofcourse.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 06:20
Originally posted by Vasilios II

And one question. Is it not strange that a small country as Greece, continues to have a role in world's stage? Not politicaly ofcourse, but in arts, in athletics and many more. What is this that makes the difference with other neighbour or not countries? Not the money ofcourse.

Every country surrounding Greece have many achievement as well. In art like Christo Yanashev, in opera like Boris Christoff, Nikolai Ghiaurov, Nikola Gyuzelev, Rayna Kabaynovska and others. In classical music -- Vasko Vassilev. In sport -- names like Stoichkov, Kotooshu (Smile) and Veselin Topalov. Serbs have brilliant and bloody genious writers like Milorad Pavic. Bosnyaks have Emir Kusturica. List can be continued by many many names famous in the whole world. So, your claim that "arts, athletics and many more" differentiate Greece from its neighbours sounds a bit cute. Wink These cultural achievements as well as Greek ones are product of cultures, influencing each other, known for thousands of years and making us all proud that we live in a such place like Balkans. Sorry for that pathetic statement Tongue
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 07:13
False alarm mate. I assure you, Greece' s neighbours from noth wasn't even in my mind, when i wrote. I was thinking about a more eastern direction, easy to find who.
If you have any objection about them, feel free to express it.

p.s. Stoichkov? Very good player.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 07:24
It's clear to me that this topic has exhausted it's reason of existence and is descending into a "mine is better that yours" reasoning. It is therefor closed and I'm sure, no-one will miss it.
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345