Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Avars today?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Desperado View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avars today?
    Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 14:55
This is the question I've previously asked in the Avars thread of the "Steppe Nomads and Central Asia" section but It was left without answer. So I'm posting it here.

Are there any links between the medieval Avar state in Europe and the currently living in Central Asia and Caucasus ethnic groups?
from Azerbaijan and
Caucasus and also in Afghanistan.

The same question for the Khazars in Afghanistan

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2006 at 05:46
khazars in afghanistan arent khazars from the medievals, they are Hazara mongolians who where left behind during 12th - 13th century.

And for the avars and ethnic connections, i believe there are some links but nowadays they may changed from tribe name or totally assimilated.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 05:27
Khazars of the medieval era used to live around all Caspian Sea coastline...
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 22:04

Avars are presented in nortwest India and are called avirs or ahirs.

A major faction of them have joined Rajput mainstream a title adopted in 12 centurary AD.

Urungu Han View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Urungu Han Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 07:17
Originally posted by DayI

khazars in afghanistan arent khazars from the medievals, they are Hazara mongolians who where left behind during 12th - 13th century.

And for the avars and ethnic connections, i believe there are some links but nowadays they may changed from tribe name or totally assimilated.
Weren't khazars Turkic?
 Post Reply Post Reply