Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

State vs guerillas and terrorism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State vs guerillas and terrorism
    Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 23:38
Originally posted by Cryptic

Since truly flattening Anbar Province is not a option.... what does one do next Cry?

Build up an Iraqi military capable of doing all the flattening.  They're probably much better suited to this than the US army, under Saddam, they had to deal with a lot of Kurdish insurgents, and their standard tactic (surprise, surprise) was to surround a hostile town and flatten it with airstrikes, helo strikes, artillery, and tank fire, then have infantry clear out the rubble.
Member of IAEA
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 01:03
You want to outsource destruction. Good Business tactics.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Tipu Sultan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 21:31
hey i got  a presentation to do on guerrilla warfare very soon in my university and i am well prepared for it.
i will use the example of iraq where current guerrilla fighting is going on especially in the anbar proviance and bagahad. what is sad is that terrorists of al qaida have come and joined the fighting with the guerrillas of iraq and these qaida attack civilians and use terror tactics.
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 12:11
And it is really sad that Al Qaeda has spoiled the party...

Come back among us Al Qaeda and the ubiquitous "foreign terrorists" are far from being responsible from all or even most of the attacks against the civilians and use so called terror tactics.
I am a free donkey!
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 02:24
They are spoiling the party everywhere. But they themselves get to party.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12