Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The world stupidest laws

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The world stupidest laws
    Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 05:02
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

South-Dakota (US): When there are more than five indians on your property, you are allowed to shoot at them.

Oh my God that is like so awsome.

I hope you mean disturbing?

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 13:48
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Saudi-Arabia: Male docters are not allowed to examine women, women are not allowed to be doctors.

That is really a stupid law no doubt. Except it doesn't exist. LOL
If a female is giving a birth in Saudi Arabia, why does she go to the hospital if no female doctors are allowed and at the same time, male doctors are not allowed to touch her?

If you restrict men from examining women, obviously you need female doctors. Common sense. Also, many cases were no qualified female doctor is available, priority is always human life and human health, so any doctor can surely examin her.

Anyhow, a good fictional joke. Just only if it was true. Only that.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 13:59
I'm really glad to hear it... I must admit, I thought it sounded pretty unlogical to me... after all Saudi-Arabia is a civilised country. But that's why I asked, to find out if it was true or not... So thanks for the answer. Big smile

Edited by Aelfgifu - 02-Aug-2006 at 14:00

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 17:58
It was funny though,
You are most welcome.Smile
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 22:10
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

South-Dakota (US): When there are more than five indians on your property, you are allowed to shoot at them.
Oh my God that is like so awsome.

I hope you mean disturbing?

Excellent
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 22:45
Originally posted by ok ge

That is really a stupid law no doubt. Except it doesn't exist.

Thanks for clarifying.

Is it true that women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, or is it just a stereotype too?

Shapur II View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Shapur II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2006 at 15:00
Saudi-Arabia: Male docters are not allowed to examine women, women are not allowed to be doctors.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Feanor

Is it true that women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, or is it just a stereotype too?

women are not allowed to drive in saudi arabia. that is fact.

Edited by Shapur II - 05-Aug-2006 at 15:02
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2006 at 22:47
That law should be international!

kidding. I respect all drivers even if they are Asian
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2006 at 00:04
Originally posted by Feanor

Yes, that is a fact and a law too.

I tried to keep an open mind and read all the arguments in favor of prohibiting female driving, and so far, it is a complete joke.

It is a matter of time and I'm sure ladies will drive in Saudi Arabia. The pressure is already as all neighboring Gulf states made it a right for female to drive a vehicle.
D.J. Kaufman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12