Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Germanic & Turkic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Germanic & Turkic
    Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 15:08
How long do germanic and Turkic relations go back and what or how were they?

could we say that the first relation was the european hunnic empire(huns were prototurkic or turkic right?) so thats could be the first right or could it have been earlier?

and how were they after?

for instance during ottoman(not so good wityh the austrains I guess)
WO 1 the turks and the germanic(german and austria were allies the centrals)

during Wo2 some say hitler would invade turkey or Turkey would fight the germans but had nor resources. Is any of this true.

And how are there reletions currently?

thanksBig smile
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Celestial View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Celestial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2006 at 20:17
I think every German is half Turkish and every Turkish is half German. This relationship goes way backn more than the Ottoman-German relationship at the last days of the Ottoman empire.

There are many debates over where the Germans descendant from. Some people say they come from Tibet which is also the first land of the Turks.

Some say they come from Central Asia which is again the land of the Turks. Many scholars also consider Huns Germanic and Turkic. So during the migration period Turks came into contact with the Germans.

Indo-European theory says that Indo-Europeans may have descendant from Turkey and spread throughout Europe and elsewhere. The Hittites are known as the first Germanic people ever who lived in modern day Asia Minor. So their descendants may still live today. And many Turks who inhabit Anatolia have blond hair. This is not an usual Turkish feature. I think it is more than just a coincidence.

When it comes to WW2, Turks were pressured by both Allies and the Axis to jin the war. Its strategic location could benefit the side if Turks joined the war.
Finally they realized that they could win the Aegean islands if they helped Allies. They did join the Allies in the late February but it was too late.

Edited by Celestial - 08-Oct-2006 at 20:21
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2006 at 21:24
Nothing against you my friend, but if we accept your version of "history", so we have to forget all history lessons and books we have learned or read befor.
Btw very brave of you to post these claims here.Wink
Hrothgar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hrothgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 20:55
every swede is half chinese and every chinese is half swede.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 01:33
Originally posted by Celestial

I think every German is half Turkish and every Turkish is half German. This relationship goes way backn more than the Ottoman-German relationship at the last days of the Ottoman empire.

There are many debates over where the Germans descendant from. Some people say they come from Tibet which is also the first land of the Turks.

Some say they come from Central Asia which is again the land of the Turks. Many scholars also consider Huns Germanic and Turkic. So during the migration period Turks came into contact with the Germans.

Indo-European theory says that Indo-Europeans may have descendant from Turkey and spread throughout Europe and elsewhere. The Hittites are known as the first Germanic people ever who lived in modern day Asia Minor. So their descendants may still live today. And many Turks who inhabit Anatolia have blond hair. This is not an usual Turkish feature. I think it is more than just a coincidence.

When it comes to WW2, Turks were pressured by both Allies and the Axis to jin the war. Its strategic location could benefit the side if Turks joined the war.
Finally they realized that they could win the Aegean islands if they helped Allies. They did join the Allies in the late February but it was too late.

oh boy

Why does this allways happen to my threads

clestial dude there is no genetic link between turks and germans ( exept for intermixing now and back in the day)

wht do you allways have to linked with everybody who had a great empire or are good warriors.

as for the blonde hair thing it intermarring my family has it to cu they live on the georgia border(used to live in georgia) that is just intermarring

many scholars........

you mean the tribes of atilla the european huns had germanic tribes in them.

or the xiong nu could be of tocharian descent

Edited by xi_tujue - 10-Oct-2006 at 01:35
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 06:48

Some people say they come from Tibet which is also the first land of the Turks.    

The only people I know of who believed that were the nazis.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 07:20

Goodness, replying to one ridiculous comment with another is not the right way about things.

German-Turkic relations, mixing and so on is minimal. The only historic relation would be the Huns ruling over some Germanic tribes, maybe mixing with some but that's about it.

Ottoman-German relations was not a long relation and it didn't include populations mixing.

Today the couple of million of Turks in Germany are the only real strong contact between the two people in history.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 07:21

I think every German is half Turkish and every Turkish is half German.

Wow, you must work with some pretty controversial definitions. Tongue

I wouldn't say there has been any remarkable amount of contact between Germanic and Turkic tribes through history in general, but the migration period was an exception, when many Germanic tribes fought for or against the Huns, especially during the reign of Attila.

I

ndo-European theory says that Indo-Europeans may have descendant from Turkey and spread throughout Europe and elsewhere. The Hittites are known as the first Germanic people ever who lived in modern day Asia Minor. So their descendants may still live today. And many Turks who inhabit Anatolia have blond hair. This is not an usual Turkish feature. I think it is more than just a coincidence.

There are no coincidences, every occurence would be predictable if we knew all the preceding factors, of course no one ever does.

As for Anatolians with blonde hair, this implies virtually nothing. First of all blonde hair is not an exclusively Germanic trait, and there are variations within all ethnic phenotypes. Among predominantly darkhaired peoples you will always find some who are blonde, and vice versa, among predominantly blonde peoples, like here in Scandinavia, you will always find some with black hair.    
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 07:25
About Hitler, he did have invasion Turkey on his mind but his compatriates advised him that while they could invade Turkey its not so sure that they would have got out, they didn't have the logistics to go in.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 11:43
Originally posted by Bulldog

Goodness, replying to one ridiculous comment with another is not the right way about things.

German-Turkic relations, mixing and so on is minimal. The only historic relation would be the Huns ruling over some Germanic tribes, maybe mixing with some but that's about it.

Ottoman-German relations was not a long relation and it didn't include populations mixing.

Today the couple of million of Turks in Germany are the only real strong contact between the two people in history.

be carefull on the could be it is possible I like to keep every option  open.

I'm not going to say that I know for 100% that the huns were Turkic just because I'm a turk

I say it again could be

btw with the intermixing thing I ment the hunnic tribes who came to europe (you know what I mean bulldog)

edit/ i'm sorry my appologies I ment scythian not tochorian were is my head it must be fastingSmile sorry

Edited by xi_tujue - 10-Oct-2006 at 12:06
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 01:58
Originally posted by Hrothgar

every swede is half chinese and every chinese is half swede.

Very right, you could also include the similarities between the Proto, Quasi, Semi, demi, Proto - proto, Semi proto etc... chinese & the Swededs as some moderator very beautifully pointed out in a couple of days back.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 14:40
every human is half monkey and every monkey is half human.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 17:41
I am sure some people are more than half monkey...your assessement comes nowhere near in intellectual value to Celestial's assessements.
Joinville View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Joinville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2006 at 09:38
I feel quite sure there's some kind of genetic link between Swedes and Turks lost so far back in the mists of time we have no longer any real ken for it. I.e. they're all human beings.

However if we stick to recorded, non-speculative, history Sweden and the Ottoman Empire found themselves on excellent speaking terms beginning in the late 17th century.

The common denominator was spelled "Russia". Just like His Most Catholic Majesty the King of France allied himself with the Sultan already in the 16th c. in order to contain their common Habsburg enemy, Sweden and the Ottomans found they had much in common fighting the Russians. In fact, Sweden, France and the Ottomans made up a fairly stable trinagle of major powers confronting the Habsburgs, the Russians, the English more or less directly.

The largest and most important permanent Swedish diplomatic mission was the one to Constantinopolis. Being Legation Priest there was an important stepping stone for any young ambitious clergyman intent on an exalted carreer in the Prostestant Church of Sweden. The end result was that all through the 18th c. Sweden had a string of Archbishops, heads of the Church of Sweden, who also spoke excellnt Turkish!
One must not insult the future.
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2006 at 09:57
Sweedes and Turks? =) Funny.Aren't they Isknadinav?We all altai.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2006 at 09:58

And Charles XII was such a fan of Turkish culture he gave two brand new frigates Turkish names.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2006 at 13:07
Wow, I never knew the Swedes and Turks had any historic connections, it seems in the 17th-18th century there were good relations.

Interesting article.

The Swedish Connection

Written by Philip Mansel
Photographs courtesy of National Swedish Art Museums

http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/198701/the.swedish.connection.htm

Albert Pine

Joinville View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Joinville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2006 at 09:16
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

And Charles XII was such a fan of Turkish culture he gave two brand new frigates Turkish names.

And the Swedes learned how to eat dolma, as in "kldolmar".

And we still occasionally describe something as a "kalabalik".
One must not insult the future.
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 04:03

LOL Oh no...I am speechless.

For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
Attila2 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Attila2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 17:52

...and every turk is spanish and every spanish is chinese.Also every arab is mayan and every chinese is macedonian..oh!wait a minute,I am high again I thinkConfused 

Post Reply Post Reply