Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inspirational figures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inspirational figures
    Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 09:54
Who is your most inspirational male and female?
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 13:05
lone man stands down tank in tiananmen square

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2006 at 01:15
To me , JFK was the personification of a young nation honestly trying to do what is good for the benifit of everyone. He is also the personification of wasted potential. I hope the United States wont be thought of in that way. THough i might be too late.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 15:06
Well, historical persons for inspiration are quit difficult to find for if you say that Napoleon then you can basically be thought of as a world-conqueror and if you say Plato then they say that if there aren't already so many philosephers... therefore I can say none..
minchickie View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 15:38
Originally posted by Arevalorum

To me , JFK was the personification of a young nation honestly trying to do what is good for the benifit of everyone.

*puke*Dead
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 19:41
Mom and Dad are the only safe ones for me. Everything else gets the reaction above which rider was pretty much talking about.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 03:34
 For me, it would be JESUS CHRIST
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 20:58
Say yes to Jesus!
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 10:29

Thomas Edison.

Did'nt he just about invent everything?

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 12:31
Originally posted by Gargoyle

Thomas Edison.

No - he was just good at stealing ideas and quick enough to be the first to patent them. LOL

For my work as an educator, more people has given me inspiration, but one stands out, Soren Kierkegaard.

Although that I'm considering myself very religious,  I never found better inspiration on the personal level and for human interaction, than what the words of Jesus gave - and constantly gives me.

Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 18:50
It's quite hard to say who the ONE most inspirational person for you is- I mean, i what way?
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 21:33
Its a simple question guy. Dont make the question seem more complicated than it is.
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 09:50

Raquel Welch inspires me.

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 11:41

Thomas Edison.

No, Nikola Tesla did. Edison practicly stole the ideas of Tesla

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

Edited by Jay. - 19-Jul-2006 at 11:42
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 11:45
As for my inspirational person, it would have to be Boris Tadic, president of Serbia. A psychologist by profession, he is a long-time member of the Democratic Party.
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 11:48

Raquel Welch inspires me.

What a hideous picture.... It looks very photoshopped...

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Ildico View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ildico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2006 at 01:00
One female who has kept me inspired is myself, not to sound selfish but I think everyone should be inspired by themselves.

A few males who have inspired me are Shakespeare, Gerard Butler, for very different reasons but they have both led me to new and exciting interests.
Beauty is in the eye of that guy behind the spontaneous diversions, set aside for a good explorer, telling a story about the world.
ijjas View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ijjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2006 at 07:26
In spite of that I'm a nomad asian, the most inspirational for me is Der von Kremberg.
 Post Reply Post Reply