Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SAYOKAN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SAYOKAN
    Posted: 04-Jul-2006 at 21:02
This is some intersting stuff, a Turkic Martial Arts style which apparently traces back to the 5-6th century where its schools are recorded in Chinease records.

Anyway, some Turkish dude is taking it seriously and seems to be making this into a serious martial arts.

Do any of the Turkic members here know anything more about this or are there any participants~? here's the site.

http://www.sayokan.co.uk/    
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2006 at 22:37
I know one of my friends practices it, I dont know where he learned it from though...according to him, it's better for street self defense, than other Karate types, I dont know how true that is though.

I doubt he learned it from a master, since he doesnt have any belts or rankings...
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 06:38
I know another Turkic self defence sport "Amarok" wich is practised by few people, IIRC it whas rediscovered by a chinese/tibetean monk and later a Turkish student from Germany learned it and so on...
http://www.amarok.net/
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 08:01
http://www.amarok.net/amarok.wmv
Shocked There's some good moves.

Well with Sayokan etc first I thought it was nonsense but I've been looking into it and its accepted as a martial arts form by the International Martial Arts Comission. Also when you think logically about it Turkic people especially one's in the Eastern Turkistan and most Eastern regions should have martial arts because they were in such close proximity to the Chinease and other Eastern peoples. Since they were always in contact and fighting alot they would have to be as good as them and develop with them as this is nearly always seen between armies in battle with each other, the technology goes up in the whole region...

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 08:57
that wolfstyle was cool
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 18:12
I didn't look through those sites yet, but I will later on.  This is great news for me, I'm a black belt in a few styles and have always wondered if us Turks have our own style.  I'll definetly try to find a way to practice these styles.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
 Post Reply Post Reply