Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History homework need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cclark30 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cclark30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History homework need help
    Posted: 29-Jun-2006 at 16:58
Hello, I am totally lost with this assignment I need to write a 700 word journal entry on a subordinate group I chose African Americans and then act like I was in the group and when it originated and how did it come to the U. S. and also make up stuff  like I was in the group.  I have no idea what websites to find this information. or how to write this journal entry. Please help . Thanks cclark30
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2006 at 17:39
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2006 at 20:13
I dont know if you started to write the Journal yet, but in case you haven't I suggest that you write about a group that came at a specific time. African Americans are numerous and have arrived to the United States since America has been discovered (by Europeans). What I am trying to get at is that the arrival of African Americans is a very broad topic (so you really shouldnt have a hard time writing a 700 word entry), but it would not be detailed. Unles you are zooming in to a particular place in Africa, from where the people have been bought as slaves and taken to America.

While the Irish for example have immigrated at a specific time, during the potato famine for example. This also applies to the Italians, Germans, Russians, Eastern Europeans, Japanese, Chinese, Armenians (ahem) and the list goes on.  

Edited by mamikon - 29-Jun-2006 at 20:15
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2006 at 05:26
Don't know how strict they are at your school/college or whatever, but be extremely careful with info from the net, especially were it concerns immigration. You never know were it came from, or whether it is true or not. Use your judgement well, and perhaps try your local library Wink.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
 Post Reply Post Reply