Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Indus Valley Civilisation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Can India Claim the IVC as part of it's joint history with Pakistan?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [43.75%]
7 [43.75%]
2 [12.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Indus Valley Civilisation
    Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 15:35
Originally posted by Rajput

Originally posted by watanyaara

While brahui was hypothosized over a 100 yrs ago of  apparently showing traces of dravidian language root in their vernecular by early British colonial archeologists, the theory is far from complete and it(Dravidian root)is estimated as being below 15% hardly making it matter of fact, the bulk of their language is derived from the Iranian branch of the Indo-European tree, one look at there phenotype(physical characteristics) and the theory looks way off for they show more in common with southern Iranian medes both in facial features and overall physique.

The basic Brahui physical type is Veddoid of South Asia whose features consist of wavy to curly hair, dark brown skin color and a slender body. They've started to intermarry with the pathans and baloch of the area so they may look different now, but I'll show you real authentic brahui if I can get my hands on pictures, they are probably as dravidian as they come.

This is all bullsh*t. Clap

Brahui speak a Dravidan language, but they are descended from Turkic-Iranian tribes. They have 55% maternal Euro DNA, and about 20% Indian M haplo, they were probably part of the Elamite-Dravidan connection that spanned South Western Asia. This is a Brahui shepherd.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 07-Jul-2006 at 15:36
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote YusakuJon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 21:09
I'm just going to say this is for Pakistan and India to decide, since theirs is a particularly touchy situation right now.  It's akin to Mexico and the United States trying to claim ownership of the Anasazi cliff dwelling sites, but with further ethno-religious complications.  Being no expert in the history of either side of this conflict, I wish to defer the question to them since they have bigger stakes in it.
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 18:46
The main thing is that pakistan and india were always different, glad they became seprate
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 20:44
Another dug from the vaults from before I was a mod. Many of Rajput's posts, and some replies have been hidden.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2007 at 18:39
Name change doesn't mean history change, our land our ruins. 

Pakistan might be a new name but the name "India" is also relatively new, it was given to you by your British masters, it is derived from the word "Hind" which was given to South-Asia by my Arab brothers in Islam, these names are derived from the name of the River Indus which is entirely in Pakistan.

Both India and Pakistan are relatively new states carved out of the British Empire so India is not the "original" or "big daddy", in the past lots of different empires ruled our area and enhanced and made South-Asia what it is today but India has no more right to them than Pakistan.. What you refer to as "Ancient India" and the "Indian Subcontinent" I refer to as "Ancient South-Asia" or "South-Asian Subcontinent".

We Pakistanis are proud Muslims now but that doesn't change our nationality, just as the Romans and Greeks were still Roman and Greek after embracing Christianity, we're still South-Asian. My own people are a amalgam of Rajput and Pashtun tribes but I don't belive in the discrimanatory caste system of Hinduism because I'm a Muslim not a Pagan Hindu anymore.

Presentday state of India can't claim much as it's heritage, an interesting thing you mentioned is Pakistanis not being a 100% Dravidian, well that's true we're an amalgam of different races which inhabited the Pakistan regions so we claim all the history of our land as our heritage including the Indus Valley Civilisation.

Another part of our heritage is the Aryan Vedic Civilisation which gave us our Sanskritic languages (Urdu/Hindi, Punjab etc.), Indians can't really claim any heritage from them either because even though you might speak their Aryan languages and follow an adultered form of their religion the vast majority of you Indians don't have an ounce of Vedic Aryan blood in you, you are 100% Dravidian (including you Rajasthani Rajputs) and just adopted their ways (rpoved by recent genetic studies), whilst we Pakistanis (and a small minority of Indians from bordering northwestern India) are descended from the Vedic Aryans. So we Pakis can claim our country's heritage from all those who inhabited our region as we're descended from them all.

SpartaN117 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SpartaN117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2007 at 21:36
I cant believe people bring in the fact that Pakistan was born in 1947. SO WAS INDIA.

Besides, this is 5000 years ago. Indus Valley lies in Pakistan, and the people of Pakistan have always lived there.

India refers to the country you see on the map. Dont try to create more definitions for the term. If you are referring to the subcontinent, its called Indian Subcontinent, or South Asia.

PakHub.Info
Reclaiming Pakistans Identity
Join Us
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2007 at 04:11
I think, much of time is spent in this, instead of delving in historical research to bring out more facts for the benefit of all.

IVC was known to us, before it was excavated by Banerjee or Marshal and at that none bothered about it. Illegal excavations have been going on since then, and none bothers or even the friends who carry out "IVC for Pakistan only" type propaganda keep quite. When material evidences are disappearing, what we are going to claim?

For example, the assertions like "Indus Valley lies in Pakistan, and the people of Pakistan have always lived there", etc., have been only to rouse passion. If we take each word, one cannot come to any conclusion - take for example the "Indus" itself. The river waters are shared by India and Pakistan. Like waters, can we fight for eastern IVC and western IVC just like eastern waters and western waters?

Culture, tradition, heritage, civilization etc., have been common to all, and facts are facts.

How many are not reading this site is another story and therefore, by conducting any poll in this regard would be a farce, as selected people / friends could be brougfht here and vote. But this type of propaganda cannot have any place in historical research or those who work for the benefit of humanity.

Incidentally, I request that the participants in these columns should provide minimum details about them - say nationality, real name so that the dialogue would be meaningful, as otherwise, one might feel that, we are dealing with same persons coming under different names in various columns of AE, dealing with the same subject matter one or the other harping on the same point.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12