Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

W

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W
    Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 03:09

I am for once happily eating my own words. I had predicted a Kerry win by 5 points. Instead W won by 3.5 points.

Bin Laden's amazing propensity to shoot himself in the foot probably had a role to play in the turnaround.

Congratulations are in order for all those who fought for Bush.

W's war has only begun though. He has to undo several decades of global economic mismanagement. He has to get the dollar to depreciate by 30-40% over the next 6 months.

Allow another 3-6 months to stabilise the economy, and the US could see decent growth in  2006. 2007 onwards growth would be quite robust.

If the Chinese refuse to allow the Yuan to appreciate, W can continue deficit financing of further wars. Indirectly, the Chinese would be financing America's wars aimed at containing China.

Frustrations in Beijing would be at boiling point. That probably explains the uncharacteristically unwise intervention of a Chinese official into the US elections in Kerry's support.

W's second term is likely to be more eventful and world-changing than his first one. With Powell out, American operations in Iraq are likely to be more decisive.

There will be more deregulation of the US economy, and privatisation of social security. Which means less chance of corruption by politicians and bureaucrats.

None of this will be easy. But if anyone can do it , it is George W. Bush.

And if he is successful I would rank him higher than even Alexander and Augustus.

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 03:33
Originally posted by warlord

Bin Laden's amazing propensity to shoot himself in the foot probably had a role to play in the turnaround.

Osamas of the world cannot survive without Bush and viseversal... I thought this was clear by now. Violence feeds hate.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 11:05
Warlord,

Thanks for optimistic view of the future of the U.S. I don't feel so happy or optimistic Although there is nothing like sarcasm to make one smile

Powell leaving is a big loss. He was one of the few checks that W. had. He was treated terribly by the administration. At one point, he was sent to speak with Palestenian leaders. While he was away, the White House and Republican media criticized him for meeting with terrorists!

Powell was also important in the creation of the "Powell Doctrine," a list of conditions for the U.S. to engage in successful military operations. This doctrine was proven correct in the Gulf War in 1991. But just like his author, the doctrined has been ingored.

Hugo
John Doe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote John Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 15:37
Osamas of the world cannot survive without Bush and viseversal

Osama and his ilk were around long before Bush was in town... but I assume you mean that less literally than you wrote it.

Edited by John Doe
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 17:38
I think he meant, people like Osama, and people like Bush.  And I definitely agree.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 21:38
I told you warlord you can't discount middle america and the red states. All one hears about is how people in New York and LA will vote, thinking that that will represent america. It's kind of funny actually.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
John Doe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote John Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 22:40
middle america is where the food is grown! thats where the true power is...

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 00:34

middle america is where the food is grown! thats where the true power is...

Better watch out or we'll corn you to death.

Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 08:18
Originally posted by JanusRook

Oh man, that was corny.

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 13:11

Oh man, that was corny.

I can't help it it's in my blood.

I guess this was corny as well.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 15:21

over half all food eated around the world has its origins in the Americas, corn potatoes, squash, many beans, on and on.  The book Indian Givers is really good about talking about food...if you are like me and care very much about things that is.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Slickmeister View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Slickmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2004 at 14:54
Originally posted by Cornellia

[QUOTE=JanusRook]

bad joke

Edited by Slickmeister
warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 01:11
Originally posted by Yiannis

Originally posted by warlord

Osamas of the world cannot survive without Bush and viseversal... I thought this was clear by now. Violence feeds hate.

Osama has been around for over a 1000 years.

warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 01:14

Originally posted by hugoestr

Powell leaving is a big loss. He was one of the few checks that W. had. He was treated terribly by the administration. At one point, he was sent to speak with Palestenian leaders. While he was away, the White House and Republican media criticized him for meeting with terrorists!

Powell was also important in the creation of the "Powell Doctrine," a list of conditions for the U.S. to engage in successful military operations. This doctrine was proven correct in the Gulf War in 1991. But just like his author, the doctrined has been ingored.

Hugo

The '91 war was relatively very simple. It was aimed solely at containing Saddam, not replacing him. The current war is to transform the world, hence far more complicated. Powell has no place in this.

warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 01:17

Originally posted by JanusRook

I told you warlord you can't discount middle america and the red states. All one hears about is how people in New York and LA will vote, thinking that that will represent america. It's kind of funny actually.

Thumbs up for the middle, and the middle finger for the rest.

Post Reply Post Reply