Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rituals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yours_foreverxx View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yours_foreverxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rituals
    Posted: 28-May-2006 at 22:30
I have a question.  Are there any rituals where a young mother who has concieved a child be honored?  Like a ceremony, maybe with a close friend?  Are there flowers involved (not as gifts) like roses, daisies, and lillies?  Say the mother and father are unmarried, both about 14...

please answer... im sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 20:26
When and where are you talking about?

Like that one example comes to mmy mind: the birth of Louis XIV of France (nicknamed Given by God as the parents though they could never have children), the mother has been quite honored.

M.
I am a free donkey!
yours_foreverxx View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote yours_foreverxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 11:55
like an ancient one, maybe in Greece or Rome?  The girl hasn't had her baby yet, she is maybe about three-four months pregnant?  I've just heard about this somewhere... cant remember Tongue

it also takes place at night and with lots of flowers
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 13:20
In shaman Turks there whas a ceremony for name-calling the baby, it is believed (i think still) that the name the kid gets it would reflect on his behaivor.

Also by Turks if they have a son, they sacrifice a sheep or camel and celebrate with family, companions.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 13:47
camel? 
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 14:09
Originally posted by erci

camel? 
yea, there are camels in Central asia and in Turkey who came along with yrk, nomads :)
 Post Reply Post Reply