Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Caucasian asians?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caucasian asians?
    Posted: 31-Aug-2006 at 15:40
yeah first when they saw portugese people they laught at them because they got to big noses and redhair no other asian people descibed the turks as different exept for there light air and eyes they were called bright ir collor eyed people
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2006 at 13:59
Turks look like Turks, there is a Turkic look for eg many have very to slightly oriental eyes- its interesting but spotting a Turk is quite easyLOLthe way they walk, talk, act its the same across the Turkic world especially the walk its ridiculously machoTongue
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2006 at 14:18

What's so funny about it? I was just mentioning it was Oghuzes' and Tatars' tradition to have long hairs.

Well, when I think again, it MIGHT be funny (and the reason you laughed) to describe Turks in this way:
'they've got two eyes; a nose; all of them also wear pants' .

Edited by gok_toruk - 01-Sep-2006 at 14:19
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2006 at 15:13

Most Turkish men have a distinct walk, either arms behind the back with each arm holding each other at the wrist, or the walk where the arms are slowly moved and the walking strides are taken quite wide, I call it the crab style it looks very manly with chest out and head high with pride.

Its just one example...
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 08:11

Now I don't know about Turkish people; but what I was talking abuot, was Turkic people.

Sorry anyhow for the misunderstanding.

Edited by gok_toruk - 02-Sep-2006 at 08:16
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2006 at 12:43
Originally posted by gok_toruk

You're just stating your own idea about Steppe Nomads.

By the way, I've recently watched a Chinese movie called 'The Warrios of the Heaven and the Earth'. I've even searched about this movie's topic online. It's about a war China had with border Turks. In this movie, it obviously demonstrated Turks as Mongoloid. There were also Caucaid people in the movie like Indians. I mean they had choosed Caucaid looking people as actors also. But Turks were Mongoloid.

This is my own idea...

People speak their own idea here with proofs.

You watched a chinese movie, and that's your own idea. What a childish saying! LOLLOL

Either make a history or become a history.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 02:01
As it turns out, you've neglected the PROOFS I've provided. This one, I mean being aware of how Chinese people think about Turks, were something new to me.

Well, let's be a little bit 'better'. I don't want to confront with you again mate.

Edited by gok_toruk - 04-Sep-2006 at 03:10
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 07:08
i watched that movie.
uyghurs wear arabic clothe and sing  qazaq's song .
a vagabond fighter protect the Qocho Idiqut king.
very funny huh?!
MING-LOYALIST View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote MING-LOYALIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 07:21
That movie is stuffed up.
Those arab looking peopple are desert raiders not nessacerily uyghurs.

However if you read history books, during gokturk empire those people from the western regions who served gokturks but didn't look mongoloid never attained very high ranks.

Also many turks Kehedun or main wife were Chinese(Sui/Tang...) princesses thus their offpring were mostly mixed with Han chinese.

Edited by MING-LOYALIST - 05-Sep-2006 at 07:22
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 08:06
crouching tiger hidden dragon is much better movie then the warriors of heaven en earth. Also in that move (crouching tiger..) the guy who whas together with "shao luo" or something (the girl who did flee to the desert and at last she trowed herself from a mountan) he whas singin in a Turkic dialect dunno wich it whas but understood clearly "gzel kiz" wich means "beautifull girl". Also i saw many similarities with Turkish rituals, i saw there as we call it "stomach dancers" some guys who paint their stomach like a human and dance/entertain people.

Also MING-LOYALIST,
IIRC a kid from a non-Turkic wife couldnt be a khagan by Gokturks, well it whas so by Tang but not so by Gktrks.

Edited by DayI - 05-Sep-2006 at 08:08
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 08:23
Originally posted by MING-LOYALIST

Also many turks Kehedun or main wife were Chinese(Sui/Tang...) princesses thus their offpring were mostly mixed with Han chinese.

You need to check history books to correct yourself that the Sui and Tang princesses were not Han Chinese. Sui and Tang royals were Xianbei origin, ie proto-Mongol.

BTW, they only could be Toqal (Qie in Chinese), their offsrings could never be Qaghan, as DayI said.

Edited by barbar - 05-Sep-2006 at 08:24
Either make a history or become a history.
MING-LOYALIST View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote MING-LOYALIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 08:40
Sui and Tang's female side the Dugu and Zhangsun were of Xianbei origin but the male side Yang and Li were Han.

Maybe I didn't make it clear, I meant the descendents of the princesses not the Khans.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 15:47

Totally lie or truth, I don't know; but as for the attitude, Chinese demonstrated Turks Mongoloid. That' it.

Ms.Ahiska View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Ms.Ahiska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2007 at 06:42

hello xi_tujue, ....you wrote that you are from coucas....can you tell me please from where exacly you are?

because I am Coucasian Turk tooTongue

Edited by Ms.Ahiska - 25-May-2007 at 06:44
heikstheo View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote heikstheo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2007 at 22:04
Originally posted by DayI

Also how and why you came up with examples of the red army in eastern europe and japanese in asia?
It is a historical fact that the invading Soviet armies in Berlin at the close of World War II went on an orgy of mass rape. It is also a matter of fact that invading Japanese soldiers in Nanking, China, in World War II went on an orgy of mass rape. It is not sexist to state that these things happen in wartime nor is it racist to name specific nationalities that are the guilty parties. It is simply historical fact.  
Ted Heiks
BA, History & Political Science, Western State College of Colorado, 1984
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678