Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

May MUSLIM woman have more than one husband?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May MUSLIM woman have more than one husband?
    Posted: 13-May-2006 at 10:56

Sorry, but if you think like that, so can't provide you a logically answer, becouse you don't think logically. Your way of thinking is inherited by your forfathers and very obsolete.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 08:59
While it may once have been the case that women were at a disadvantage in participating in certain activities such as warfare or hard physical labour due to their naturally lower level of muscular strength and their role as mothers and nurturers, I think today that modern technology has raised women to above what they used to be. While in the 7th century their gender may have disadvantaged them, in the 21st things like education can make a single woman many times more economically valuable as a typical male. I don't see why they shouldn't have access to the same privileges as men if they are today economically and politically as relevant to society as males are.

In anycase, the reality of today is vastly different to the context of 7th century Arabia. Hence why by today's standards the laws of Muhammad's day may not  seem to fit as well as they once did.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 12:17
Originally posted by Maziar

Ok, hope i am in the right forum. I want to disscusse why isn't allowed for women to have more than one husband, while this is allowed for men in Islam? 

Someone mentioned once, if there is a child , how whould you know who the father is, to whom whould this child belong? well first of all a paternity test today is no probleme, it will go very fast. second the child belongs to the mother and no one else.

Another reason i have heared is, the polygamy in islam was due to the war at beginning of islamic history, most of the men were killed or missed during the war, so there were more women than men. Well today we are not anymore in a situation we need to extend Islam by war. But there are still men who have more than 1 wife.

Again another reason is, men should marry poor women to take custody of them. But why are women not permitted to marry poor men to take custody of them?

Ok people, i am open to read all argues and opinions from religious or  non religiuos people, muslims or non muslims, atheists, humanists, etc....

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 12:43
When topic is religion, never forget the fact that rules take spirit from the individual believe of God's massage. On the otherhand the matter is not to convence every person, but to give all people the chance to share the information. slam is forever true based religion snd my job tought me that it's possible to find the DNA OF EVERYBODYS FATHER. Still in every institute there must be a mannager and the man had been donated with the qualifications to lead the family institute. As far as know it's impossible to participate in more than on company at the same time as membership otherwise intolerebable caos uprise.  
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 22:49
Hi,

my post is not related to islam but is pure logic:

men and women are not equals. nothing un-PC here, just mere common
knowledge: ask yourself how many babies a woman can have in a
lifetime? maximum twenty, usually less. and a man? potentially hundreds
of thousands. no wonder that in a traditionnal society where the more
kids you had the better, males tended to have as many potential mate as
they could.
the richer they were they were the more wives and kids they could
sustain. it had a very evolutionary friendly value in the sense the
wealthiest is supposed to be the fittest.
finally as nomadic people, the arabs as the ability to spread equaly their
goods between their heirs. i.e. if you have a land and you cut it in pieces,
there won't be enough food for everybody within one or two generations.
on the countrary sheep, camels and cattle are potentially of un-limited
number.

hence polygamy is a strategy of power at a social and personal level.
polyandry wouldn't make sense. on the countrary, now that the familly or
the individual are the very base of the economy poligamy can be counter-
productive in many ways.

M.
I am a free donkey!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123