Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help on learning a new language

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cellular View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cellular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help on learning a new language
    Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 23:02

Many if not all of us at one time wish to learn a new language. I think it would be great if I could speak all the languages of the world(well, at least languages spoken by more than 1 million people...).

While learning your foreign language, what helped you along the way and kept you motivated? I have often been sidetracked and cannot concentrate on learning a new language for long. What can you guys tell me? Any advise is appreciated.

Photo shows a Mexican flag flown above an upside-down U.S. flag during a high school student protest over immigration reform. http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/mexicoflag.asp
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 04:06
Get inmersed in the native culture and you will have a very strong motivation to learn te language. For instance, if you're learning Spanish, you may want to get a job in Mexico or Puerto Rico, if you're learning French you may want to study one year in Paris or Brussels, etc. The best and only safe way to learn a foreign language is to obligue onselef to speak it in daily grounds... when you start dreaming in that language, you know you are in the right path. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply