Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

April 1- Iran becomes Islamic Republic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April 1- Iran becomes Islamic Republic
    Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 02:19
April 1 is the 91st day of the year (92nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar, with 274 days remaining.

Wikipedia
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 02:46
Farvardin 12, Maah = Moon day

1979: Islamic Republic Day
Iran's government becomes an Islamic Republic by a 98% vote, overthrowing the Shah officially.

http://www.iranianshistoryonthisday.com/FARSI.ASP?u=&I1. x=21&I1.y=12&GD=1&GM=4stamble();
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 05:22

1043 First mention of a smoking ban in world history!

after the first settlers who reached the north-amercan continent

(1000 a.d.) , finished their adventure after the american natives had thrown them back into  the sea,they brought some new expiriences and items back to greenland and iceland.among this items , the egils saga (1146) of snorri sturloson reported in his 3. chapter ,were leaves that were dried ,disrupeted and wrapped in leaves and lit with burning splints.

the settlers raved of the good  taste and about exellent feelings after inhaleing the smoke , especially after a day of hard working , and the vikings worked very hard.to dispoile, to ravish and to swig is really no amusement. nevertheless , after  smoking has become so popular that even kids started to smoke , the presbyters ( elder men from each village)consulted at a thing , they enact a law that baned smoking in the huts of the vikings.cause at that time there were no pubs and bars ,smoking was out of fashion very soon. for some time , some bold sailsman sailed to the new world to trade tobacco , which didn't grew up neither on greenland nor  on iceland due to the climatic conditions ,from the native americans.

in the 12th century smokinkwas forgotten and came back to iceland some centuries later, with some arabians tradesmen who smoked dromedary dung.

here you can see shortly found remains of a viking..

that wouldn't had happened after smoking that one

Post Reply Post Reply