Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedScythians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Poll Question: What is the origin of Scythians?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [25.71%]
24 [68.57%]
2 [5.71%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scythians
    Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 09:52
Well, 'Ashkabat' could be understand in two or three forms; all of them are Turkic. Anyhow, the most famous one is 'full of love'.

Tajiks aren't that much great in number as you mentioned. You could see them mostly in Tajikestan and some in Uzbekistan, Persian Life.

Thanks for your kind reply Hushiyar yeah, no fear.
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 10:11
Well, Socrates, we need time to be sure about who they were. Now, I believe they were Arian, and not Turkic. Let the time clarify everything.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 13:23

Originally posted by gok_toruk

Well, 'Ashkabat' could be understand in two or three forms; all of them are Turkic. Anyhow, the most famous one is 'full of love'.

Tajiks aren't that much great in number as you mentioned. You could see them mostly in Tajikestan and some in Uzbekistan, Persian Life.

You mean Eshgh? It is an Arabic word.

I think it is unlikely, the region is where historical Parthia was.

Edited by Zagros
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 17:16

tajiks make up 40% of the uzbekistan, inhabit iran, turkmenistan, afghanistan and pakistan and of course, tajikistan.

how can you say they arent that great in number?

the fact of the matter is that iranic tribes have always roamed and dominated the region cultural. 

maybe we should start a new topic about this? it should be interesting.

but i dont see what this has to do with scythians?

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 17:44
Originally posted by prsn41ife

tajiks make up 40% of the uzbekistan, inhabit iran, turkmenistan, afghanistan and pakistan and of course, tajikistan.

the fact of the matter is that iranic tribes have always roamed and dominated the region cultural. 

%40 ohaa,

Man dont fly so high ,you are gonna fall

merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 17:54
Originally posted by Evrenosgazi

%40 ohaa,

Man dont fly so high ,you are gonna fall

real comedian

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 18:57

Ashgabat (Turkmenian language Aşgabat; also Ashkabat, Ashkhabad, Ashgabad, in Persian عشق آباد [eshq-bd], in Russian Ашхаба́д [Ashkhabd]) is the capital city of Turkmenistan, a former Soviet republic. Ashgabat has a population of 604,700 (1999 census estimate) and is situated between the Kara Kum desert and the Kopet Dag mountain range. The name is believed to derive from the Persian Ashk-abad meaning "the City of Arsaces". Another explanation is that the name is a corruption of the Persian Eshq (Love) + abad (cultivated place or city), and hence loosely translates as "The city built by/from love".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashgabat
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 19:12
human rights organisations say that uzbekistan is 40% tajik, and the government lies because it has picked up pan turkish nationalist policies.
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 19:17

human rights organisations say that uzbekistan is 40% tajik, and the government lies because it has picked up pan turkish nationalist policies.

human right organisations?i think persia human right organtions.

i think you go to uzbekistan and see reality.

16th century world;
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 19:20
Originally posted by merced12

ok, i will.

merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 19:21

Originally posted by Land of Aryan

Ashgabat (Turkmenian language Agabat; also Ashkabat, Ashkhabad, Ashgabad, in Persian عشق آباد [eshq-bd], in Russian Ашхаба́д [Ashkhabd]) is the capital city of Turkmenistan, a former Soviet republic. Ashgabat has a population of 604,700 (1999 census estimate) and is situated between the Kara Kum desert and the Kopet Dag mountain range. The name is believed to derive from the Persian Ashk-abad meaning "the City of Arsaces". Another explanation is that the name is a corruption of the Persian Eshq (Love) + abad (cultivated place or city), and hence loosely translates as "The city built by/from love".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashgabat

complety wrong land oif aryan.ashg or ask arabic words not persian.

16th century world;
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 19:23

Originally posted by merced12

ok, i will.

and before go back america,you see istanbul

16th century world;
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 19:28

already been to istanbul. the european side is very beautiful, the asian side not so much, but over all, great city!

and what does me having to go to uzbekistan have to do with istanbul?

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 07:57

I also think you were high when you were typing above. The following information is from http://www.ethnologue.com, do the calculation as for the persentage yourself.

Uzbekistan. 26,410,416. National or official language: Northern Uzbek. 172,700 square miles. Literacy rate: 99%. Also includes Armenian (50,000), Bashkir (35,000), Belarusan (29,000), Chechen, Chuvash (8,868), Dargwa (1,337), Domari, Dungan (1,400), Erzya (14,176), Georgian (4,088), Ingush, Karachay-Balkar (612), Kazakh (808,000), Kirghiz (175,776), Korean (183,000), Lak (1,762), Lezgi (1,585), Lithuanian (1,040), Nogai (151), North Azerbaijani (44,000), Osetin (6,000), Parya, Romanian (3,152), Russian (1,661,000), Standard German (40,000), Tabassaran (224), Tajiki (934,000), Tajiki Spoken Arabic, Tatar (468,000), Turkmen (228,000), Ukrainian (153,000), Uyghur (36,000), Western Farsi (31,121). Information mainly from T. Sebeok 1963; H. Paper 1978; S. Akiner 1983. The number of languages listed for Uzbekistan is 7. Of those, all are living languages.

Do you wanna know how many Uzbeks in Tajikistan? Check the following out:

Tajikistan. 7,011,556. National or official language: Tajiki. 54,019 square miles. Literacy rate: 99%. Also includes Aimaq, Armenian (6,000), Bashkir (5,412), Belarusan, Dungan, Georgian (808), Hazaragi, Kazakh (9,606), Kirghiz (64,000), Korean (13,000), Lak (861), Lithuanian (472), Northern Uzbek (873,000), Osetin (8,000), Romanian (580), Russian (237,000), Southern Pashto (4,000), Standard German, Tatar (80,000), Turkish, Turkmen (13,991), Ukrainian (41,000), Uyghur (3,581), Western Balochi (4,842). Information mainly from T. Sebeok 1963; S. Akiner 1983; B. Comrie 1987; A. Kibrik 1990. The number of languages listed for Tajikistan is 9. Of those, all are living languages.

Either make a history or become a history.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 08:09

As for the topic, cultural studies are still on their way to determine the origine of  scythians. They might be Indo-european or Altaic in the history.

I think the most important question should be who are the descendants (majority) or who have continued their culture uptil now. Aren't they Turkic people?

Either make a history or become a history.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 08:19
Orignally Iranic, descendants today are Turkic (various tribes), Iranic (Ossets, Tajiks and Pashtuns) and Slavs.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 13:56
Hmm, 'Ashkabat' might be similar to 'eshgh'; that's why you pronounce it 'EshghAbad'. Anyhow, I should say, unfortunately, the word is a Turkmen word. Because it does not mean anything like 'eshgh' or what you mean.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 14:02
Nowhere in Central Asia you may find Tajiks living in great numbers; except in Tajikestan. And they've been lost among Turk & Mongols of CA... I mean their cultures.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 14:08

i already said that there are 11 million tajiks in uzbekistan.

during the soviet era, uzbekistan and tajikistan were one huge province in the USSR, the soviets called everyone in that province uzbek because of their ignorance. they made everyone register as UZbek, and when uzbekistan got its freedom, they forced the tajiks to register as uzbeks, and tajiks are still discriminated against in uzbekistan.

tajiks and other iranic people, reside in tajikistan, uzbekistan, china, turkmenistan, khazakstan, etc...

and since the statistics given out by the uzbek government is the 1-2 million figure, organisations have to use it, because no one truly knows the true amount of tajiks in uzbekistan.

Edited by prsn41ife
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 14:12

for the nine that voted that the scythians are turkic, i would like to know with what evidence you think they are turkic.

just for discussion purposes.

encyclopaedia britannica: http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9066426?query=scythians &ct=

member of a nomadic people originally  of Iranian stock who migrated from Central Asia to southern Russia in the 8th and 7th centuries Bc  .

Samartians: http://www.britannica.com/ebc/article-9377779?que ry=scythians&ct=

Any member of a people originally of Iranian stock who migrated from Central Asia to the Ural Mountains in the 6th4th centuries BC and settled in southern European Russia and the eastern Balkans.

Edited by prsn41ife
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>