Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dont criticize Islam!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dont criticize Islam!
    Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 13:35

or youll be shot!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3974179.stm

makes you wonder if freedom of speech is possible when fanatics lurk around.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 13:38
This may go completely out of hand.
When Pim Fortuyn was murdered there were some small riots, but he wasn't murdered by a muslim. I'm afraid this will invoke much violence.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 14:41
-

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 23:41
Yup, he was 'controversial' on a lot of fronts, but making that short 'Submission' clip, ironicly criticising violence in some muslim communities, ended up not just invoking death threats, but actualy seeing them carried out.
Arrrgh!!"
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 01:08

Do you think that over the next decade or so, radical right-wing groups in Europe will increase in political strength and membership?

Member of IAEA
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 01:21
Radical, not alot, but i see moderate right groups here and there getting a little bit more vocal in areas preveiously deemed no-go.
Arrrgh!!"
Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 04:44

This is bad, but i don't blame the muslims either, it was pretty obvious there would be a reaction to this, especially with alot of anti-islamic media released yearly.

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 05:37
Welcome back Fizzil! Please accept my condolences for the death of your ruler Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahayan! but was it necessary to suspend all TV channels?!
Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 06:20

Good to see you too Cyrus, and thanks for the condolences, i'm pretty much shocked and sadened at the sudden announcement of his death.Btw, it wasn't only the TV channels, they also put up a curfew of sorts in the capital (not allowing anyone from the other states entry or so), but everything will be back to normal by tommorow hopefully.

Btw Delegates from Iran arrived today and prayed at the funeral  i was close to the row behind them. Also alot of my Iranian friends called and offered condolences, its good to know alot of Iranians are also with us in mourning the passing of our president.

Anyways i'm going off-topic, so i better stop now

Edited by Fizzil
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 10:54

I liked Al-Nahayan, oh well.

Killing people for culturally sensitive issues is by no means restricted to Muslims, I bet southern baptists in this country would shoot someoen who maded a movie like Saved!

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Rava View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Rava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 11:32
Who's gonna explain to some individuals that the times of Saladin won't be back.... Anyway Islam is about 600 years "younger" so the time of Reneissance is coming and it's only optimistic in this whole business.
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 17:34
-

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2004 at 23:30
Part of the problem in the Netherlands (and possibly eslewhere too no doubt) is the inconsistency of both the Dutch authorities, and the outspoken authoritive Muslim figures, and the unwillingness of certain segments of both the muslim and native dutch populations to consider the actions of individuals as opposed to slandering the entire group, and the unwillingness to hold each other to the same standards.
Whether its the authorities who are prepared to overlook abusive language from muslims directed at homosexuals, but don't tolerate it from christians, or outspoken muslim figures who (frankly exorcise their right) criticise non-muslims non-stop but seem to think they themselves and their flock are above criticism.
The whole thing just leads to a climate of stupidity that uses any lame excuse to justify its continued existence.

What to do, who knows, i'm not a politico for a reason
Arrrgh!!"
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2004 at 02:20
It was inevitable i guess....

THE HAGUE, NETHERLANDS - A letter pinned to the corpse of a Dutch filmmaker contained death threats from an unknown terrorist "movement" against a politician who wrote a movie criticizing Islam, the justice minister said Thursday.

Authorities were investigating possible links between the case and foreign terror groups.

The suspected radical Muslim killer used a knife to stick the note to the body.

Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner said the note contained a "direct warning" to the screenwriter, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali-born member of parliament who has outraged fellow Muslims by criticizing Islamic customs and the failure of Muslim families to adopt Dutch ways. She had been under police protection before the slaying.

Donner said the way the five-page letter "was presented indicates that it is not from one person, but a movement." It was neatly typed and written in Dutch and Arabic. A testament found in the suspect's pocket was titled "Drenched in blood" and "these are my last words."

The letter is titled "Open Letter to Hirsi Ali" and threatens a holy war against infidels, America, Europe, the Netherlands and Hirsi Ali. "Saifu Deen alMuwahhied," or "the unifying sword of religion" is written at the bottom of the last page, apparently as a signature.

"It is worrying because it gives the impression it is not the message of an individual, but a wider organization," Donner said. Security has been increased for individuals considered possible targets, including Hirsi Ali and members of her party, he said......

Full article here

Nice one, i shall renember that trick next time someone insults me...
Arrrgh!!"
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2004 at 13:09
-

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2004 at 13:47
I heard there was a molotov cocktail thrown at a mosque nearby here 
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2004 at 17:49

and a pig's head was left in a plastic bag outside a mosque in Amsterdam.

That reminded me of an argument I heard about between a muslim friend of a friend and his muslim cousin. They were working at a burger king and one of them said that it was ok to stock the sausage patties because they were in plastic and he was only touching the plastic. Whereas the other one wouldn't even touch them in their bag.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2004 at 02:46
There are almost as many interpretations of Islam as there are muslims, though good muslims will never admit this
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2004 at 17:42
And another Islamic school is set on fire, luckily there were no people inside when it happened.
It's said that there were 'White Power', 'kutmarokkanen', and such is written on the walls
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2004 at 20:55

kutmarokkanen'

???

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>