Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you think the theory of evolution is supported?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Poll Question: Do you think the theory of evolution is supported?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
40 [78.43%]
11 [21.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you think the theory of evolution is supported?
    Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 00:18
***In my opinion the fish in the lake were helped by God and when you say "natural" selection... I see divine intervention.

***When Darwin saw the tortoise shell adapt to the height of the shrubbery...because of selection...I saw a helping HAND

In other words, god helps in evolution? Which to me seems fine for people to believe, I just don't like hearing people say evoltuion is impossible when hundreds of years of work and studies have been done to explain changes in species. If you want to believe evolution is done by a helping hand, or is was set down as one of the beauties of God's creation to constantly change, I don't mind you believing that. I just have a problem when people say it's all garbage because they think it threatens their belief.

***That some are being perscecuted for believing in intelligent design does not prove it wrong...quite the contrary. I will always more quickly believe the truth of a man if he will be punished for what he says than the man who will be praised for what he says. Understand that if you can.
Scientist or anyone on these boards haven't persecuted Christians at all. How could scientist? They aren't politicians, nor do they want to get into the political arena.

Though Christianity has a nice history of persecutions from the past and violence today. I haven't seen anyone tortured or murdered over Evolution to prove that it is the one and only "doctrine" as if it were a faith or following.

You don't see people handing out panphlets on Evolution on the streets, you don't hear people saying you'll goto a hell if you don't believe in Evolution, there aren't any motives in Evolution other than explaining a part of nature. So why do Creationist feel threatened and the need to push evolution out of a classroom and push in a Religious belief? Nothing proves evolution wrong and facts and DNA get stronger as time goes on.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
El Pollo Loco View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote El Pollo Loco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 11:04

I am using the word beleif broadly so just hang in there (if you want me to bring out websters I will) do not argue over definitions like a child

"you said bat not cat"

"No i didnt"

"did to"

"did not"

"did to"

"did not"

two hours later

"What were we talking about?"

"I dont know"

"your stupid"

"no I'm not"

"are to"

"are not"

"are to"...

that is very anoying so don't do that, please

and dont say you arent doing that.

Now anyways show me some evidence or say what page of this thread it is (and where)

Edited by El Pollo Loco
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 12:04

Did you post in the right thread? Your coming in here with hostility when there wasn't any to begin with...

What evidence do you want? We made a discussion in this thread and it went well except for somethings weren't clear. The only times I got upset were when I had to repeat my points and didn't get clear answers on somethings after asking a couple times. But I was never upset directly towards Cuauhtemoc.

While I enjoy discussining in these threads, the one thing I do hate is when someone joins in it asking to see all the info either from the smae thread or past threads. Either start up a proper discussion on points, or look through this thread and this one, http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7162& ;PN=2

This thread may also have answers your looking for, http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8687& ;PN=3

And didn't we have this discussion before? I believe Cuauhtemoc picked up where you dropped off a month or more ago.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
El Pollo Loco View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote El Pollo Loco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 19:08

If I sounde hostile I wasnt trying to. I was simply clearing up that arguing over definitions is stupid and all I asked for was you to point me to a page with evidence that you would like me to see. The reason that and logic are my favorite words is because it is pounded into my head by debate club. That is all you can use to prove a point.

Dont argue my definitions please, I beseech thee (I beg you). It is anoying when nobody pays attention to what i say and just the words i use to group things.

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 20:59

If I sounde hostile I wasnt trying to. I was simply clearing up that arguing over definitions is stupid and all I asked for was you to point me to a page with evidence that you would like me to see. The reason that and logic are my favorite words is because it is pounded into my head by debate club. That is all you can use to prove a point.

Forgibve me then, it sounded alittle hostile it the way it was written. But I understand that wasn't your intention now.

All the pages have various forms of evidence where evolution has been observed, the different kinds of evolution were discussed to some degree, we talked about DNA and how it works by track the Y Chromosome and Mitochondrial Chromosome, and we discuss the fossil records. There is alot to go back on, pages.

Dont argue my definitions please, I beseech thee (I beg you).
I'm confused, definition on what?

It is anoying when nobody pays attention to what i say and just the words i use to group things.
I agree, I think I've answered every point you may have asked previously, and if I haven't I'm sorry.

Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 21:25
Definitions matter, otherwise the arguments are meaningless. 
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 13:43
Yes,eh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345