Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you think the theory of evolution is supported?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Do you think the theory of evolution is supported?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
40 [78.43%]
11 [21.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you think the theory of evolution is supported?
    Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 11:02
How many people believe that the theory of evolution is backed by enough evidence to be a good explanation for organisms today?
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 15:01
It's backed by more scientific evidence than "Intelligent Design" is. The theory of evolution ahs it's holes of course, but is more logical than believing that god did everything
Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 15:14
It's the most logical theory out there thus far. We know, by the way, that it happens. Its really a question of whether its they key principle that shapes differentiation into species, etc. And nearly all studies conducted thus far imply that that is the case. 

The actual mechanisms and processes involved in macro-level genetic change, however, are still quite ill understood, and this is what scientists are now working at.
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 16:30

There's more than one theory of evolution, but many of them are backed by evidence.

So I vote yes.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 17:39

Intelligent design is a "belief"

Evolution is science.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 17:40
No, there is no theory of evolution,

...only the animals that Chuck Norris allows to live!

In all seriousness, I think there is enough evidence to say that its a good explanation. There are differing variations on the theory of evolutions, however, but all were developed logically based on observation.

On the other the hand, Intelligent design is not based on observation of the world.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 17:49

Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 00:19
The theory itself is based on common sense and sounds logical generally speaking, however, there are far too many scientific and anthropologic missing links to support the theory... therefore I say NO!
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 00:57
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

No, there is no theory of evolution,

YES!!
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 02:21
The theory(es) of evolution is(are) sound enough to be acceptable. There are unexplained facts but that's why the scientists keep on doing the research work.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 07:41

Originally posted by Aydin

The theory itself is based on common sense and sounds logical generally speaking, however, there are far too many scientific and anthropologic missing links to support the theory... therefore I say NO!

Do you know what the theory if evolution is?

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 09:13
I voted for yes. It may have some gaps, but science is always progressing and will never be perfect.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 12:09
I also voted yes, due to the fact that unlike religiously backed theories, the theory(ies) of evolution have/has been supported through such scientific things as carbon dating.

Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 12:20

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." Albert Einstein

I'm not against evolution, either. Both can coexist.

white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 13:12
i think it is supported and a good explaination, but not the best but, i vote yes, though i don't believe it personally

Edited by white dragon
Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 00:10
God created the Universe, then angels then Adam.
What will really blow your mind is when you realize adam was created first but not placed on earth. So the Dinosaurs could have been on earth from the very beginning, while Adam was in paradise or still pure light.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 01:02

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." Albert Einstein

I think so too, I think there is a lot of evidence to prove that Evolution does exist, but I also believe that the Universe is created by God.

Edited by mamikon
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 01:28

What will really blow your mind is when you realize adam was created first but not placed on earth. So the Dinosaurs could have been on earth from the very beginning, while Adam was in paradise or still pure light.

Really,what proof,do you have,mind you?

In Honor
Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 06:13
Originally posted by mamikon

I think so too, I think there is a lot of evidence to prove that Evolution does exist, but I also believe that the Universe is created by God.

Im pretty sure you're both deluding yourselves, only it would scare you tremendously to truly investigate why you practice such self-delusion.

All in all, your delusion makes you happier, and it is shared by the majority of people around you, which gives you an added bonus of feeling you belong. Since that's all good for your mental, and thus physical, health, all the best to you.

"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 06:43

Did god tell you this?

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>