Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Martial Law Declared as Nearly 150 Die in China NYTIMES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martial Law Declared as Nearly 150 Die in China NYTIMES
    Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 06:34

"a curfew in a chinese town" just wouldn't be as mouth watering...therefore it was reported as "martial law" by certain western journos. and in case you guys didn't know...the term "martial law" dun even exist anymore in mainland china.

the guy driving the taxi, who happens to be a muslim. it was the TAXI DRIVER who killed the girl...not the MUSLIM. ok?  Fair dinkum he didn't kill the girl because he was a muslim and she was a han...but simply because he sucks at driving...understand now?

these poorly disguised attempts in attacking china is simply illogical...though i like attacking the CCP and see it fall as much as everybody else...but you guys are just too funny...

babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 06:37

Originally posted by hansioux

I guess you are probably going to say somehting like there's so many of them or something.

why am i gonna say there's so many of them? you think i really care how many muslim there is in china? tell you what...i don't really care about how many muslim china has. no, fair dinkum.... i don't give a crap about religion at all..

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 18:12

haha, you are true hilarious.  When did I say you don't care about how many Muslims there are?  I simply said you don't care how many people died because you think it's not a big deal.  Let me say again.  At least ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY people, regardless Han or otherwise died in the riot.  That's a pretty big deal.

There is a saying called "3 feet of ice didn't come from just one cold night."  People didn't just start killing each other because of an car accident.  I am sure by now the Chinese military and police forces have gotten the fighting in control, but by what method?  Do you see any report on this coming from China? 

If a plane crashed and 150 died, they would investigate what caused the accident, probably even ground these planes from flying.  Because they don't want it to happen again.  My previous comment wasn't about you thinking there's too much Muslim, it is about you thinking there's too many Chinese people in general.  "So what's 150 dead?  People in China wouldn't care.  So why you making a big fuss and posting it on the forum?"  That seemed like your arguement.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 18:18

Hey babyblue,

Why do you think that this is a disguised attack on China?  Quit being so reactionary.

Peace,

Michael

11-3-2004

babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2004 at 06:22

ok....sorry for being so sensitive...

now here's what i think...150 dead, to me...isn't really that big a deal. call me cold blooded whatever if you will...but more people die of floods in china once every few years..and when you've caught the habbit of watching and listening to the news every night, which i have...and you constantly hear about this casualty and that casualty, fair dinkum you'd get numb to those numbers....

all i'm trying to say is that ethnic tensions are no big deal in china...no one's gonna learn a thing about what happened 'cause the story's simply not gonna be told by the media....

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2004 at 14:20

Hey Babyblue,

You make me sick, I'm sorry.  Any human being dying is a sad occassion.  If that death involves something very painful, like dying in a fight, it's very tragic.  When it's not just one person, it's devastating.  Don't take every report about any bad thing that happens in China as a criticism against it.  See it for what it is, a tragedy, and mourn about it.

Peace,

Michael

11-4-2004

warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2004 at 17:32
I don't even see how its criticism, there is nothing that the people did that have anything relating to the government, its no different from mobs killing each other.
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2004 at 17:55

Hey warhead,

My point precisely; what is worse is that, if it is a criticism and because it is one, a person tries to understate the severity of the problem, it's pretty pathetic.

Peace,

Michael

11-4-2004

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2004 at 21:35

No matter how anyone fells I beg you all not to provoke anyone over this disagreement.  Thats just a general statement, its good to keep discussing things but lets refrain from crossing any lines int eh future.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2004 at 21:39
Originally posted by MengTzu

Hey Babyblue,

You make me sick, I'm sorry.  Any human being dying is a sad occassion.  If that death involves something very painful, like dying in a fight, it's very tragic.  When it's not just one person, it's devastating.  Don't take every report about any bad thing that happens in China as a criticism against it.  See it for what it is, a tragedy, and mourn about it.

Peace,

Michael

11-4-2004

ok ok...fair enough mate...maybe i'll just shut up before i say anymore stuff that you think is wrong

sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2004 at 23:32

Clashes like these are pretty common in many parts of the world. I am just wondering why is a clash like this in inland China between the most butchered people in the world getting such a spotlight.

I agree with what friend babyblue's general outlook about this problem. People die all the time. The good thing is that the clash between the 2 ethnicities are brought under control. At the same time, you should also be aware that back in 50s in Taiwan you have pretty much the same stuff. Villages fighting against each other, and large scale gang fights on the street. That's severe too.

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2004 at 19:08

Hey Sephodwyrm,

Clashes like these from everywhere are reported.  China isn't being singled out here.  No one is denying that things like these things don't happen anywhere else, Taiwan, 1950s, or otherwise.  May be it's your over-sensitive, reactionary, "ain't no one gonna criticize China" symptoms acting up.  Sad, again, that such symptoms would lead you to trivialize deaths.

Peace,

Michael

11-5-2004

Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2004 at 20:24

I don't trivialize death. But I do feel that there are some things that people do that make death almost a certainty. I am actually more interested now about Hui Han tensions as a result of this, and am still wondering at what exactly is the spark that cause the tensions to boil over.

You accuse of me trivializing death. Doesn't that make you as accusing as babyblue, but from another standpoint? Death happen all the time. Trillions of lives are turned over every second. What can you do about it? Nothing. The best thing we can do is to understand how these tensions flared up and how we can deal with it. At least the CCP is dealing with it. Singapore dealt with it. The western media is aggravating it.

What do you expect the CCP to do? Allow biased media reporting about how the situation went out of control and get more people involved in further clashes? No way. More people would die that way. The realist approach (which respects all life) would try to prevent more lives being lost. AND you can't bring the dead back to life.

"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2004 at 21:36
Did Media coverage only aggravate the LA riots?  No.. Media coverage can actually help settle down a crisis by making others aware and more active.
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2004 at 23:14

oh look guys...please don't argue over some stupid thing i said...it's not really worth it...fair dinkum it's not.

i'm only here to have fun with myself and make fun of others...this i admitt. but it's not my intention to intentionally inflame or offend or even insult others. i think i'll know better than that.

i'm not the kind to get into some really intellectual debate...reason is simple-i dun know jack. so i know when to shut up...most of you guys are more learned than myself.

so just let me have my fun...if i can't do that here, i'm perfectly happy to look elsewhere..ok?

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2004 at 23:39
Hope that don't mean ur leavin bud
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2004 at 23:44

Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

Hope that don't mean ur leavin bud

only if this place is not fun for me anymore...

Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2004 at 02:03

I actually saved friend babyblue's signature because I really like the SVD Dragunova...as well as girls in turtle necks...(that's a girl, right?)

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2004 at 18:43

Actually babyblue, I think you down played the magnitude of the event.  The riots in ShiChung and ChungMo are not getting any better. 

This is what should happen if a nation don't wan't to hear their lower class citizens out, and when ever they demanded that they be heard, they are met with deadly force.  People are supposed to rise up.  I am just glad to see Chinese people actually still do have spine left.

Now they just need logical thinking and planning to go with it.

Edited by hansioux
Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2004 at 20:04

Well, friend hansioux, you sound like those type of people who would love to see China in a major civil unrest in which more people would get killed.

Just realize this and perhaps you will start to look at this from a different prespective. If China's internal problems start to boil over, China would then seek some form of action to divert the attention of the major populace. Attacking Taiwan would seem even more justified.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>